Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in debugging/Compiling !!

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

My problem is little weird !!

Let me say my landscape first: I use X01 system client 100 for devellopment and X01 client 200 for testing

My R3 ID is : USER_X01

I use portal to debug the WDA application:

My Portal ID: USER_PORTAL_001

My problem:

When i make any code change in dev clinet, the same code is activated in testing client. But the compiler during compilation takes the old set of code.

EX : In the attached figure, you can see that the compiler is executing an empty line no 98 even though there is nothing in that line. But previously there was a loop there which i deleted it.  but it compiles the deleted loop. You also can see the SY-TABIX  value is also 6.

the code gets sync only if restart SAP, log off completly from the citrix and again log in. Not sure what the problem is.

Any suggessions ??

Thanks,

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

jayanthi_jayaraman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems to be cache issue. If you want to get rid of this problem, how about deleting and recreating the program(obviously versions will not there). But incase, if it is still under development, you can try this.

Easier way can be copy this to some other name and then rename it as required. It may help.

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jayanthi,

The problem is, when control is coming from portal, they check the portal username (IF_WDR_CLIENT_INFO_OBJECT->GET_PARAMETER) not the SY-UNAME. thats why i was not able to see the proper data.

but 2 questions are there for me.

Even though i used sy-uname,

1). Why did the Breakpointg got triggered one time and did not trigger the next time .

2). when ever the BP got triggereed, the values were displaying correctly in the table and whenever the BP did not get triggered ( I kept the BP in INIT of comp controller), i was not able to see the records at all. Why this inconsistency?

3) Either it should be right all time or Incorrect all time ? Whats went wrong?

Confused

amy_king
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

I see this sometimes as well and believe it to be a cache issue on the portal server. I get around it by logging out of the portal session, deleting cache in the browser and then logging back into the portal. That usually does the trick.

If you have the System Admin role in your portal, you can try refreshing the portal's cache there, but I feel that takes a bit longer to step through than just logging out and clearing the browser cache.

Good luck.

Amy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Close all the debugging sessions and restart the system and try it once.

I dont think you need a transport to get the code transported to the testing client as the servers are same.

For reference just check version management once also try adding one line of code again to view the difference.

Regards,

Akki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

this type of errors do occur commonly because of the debugger sessions not closed. First activate the code and start a new debug session because your old session is still in the buffer. You have to overwrite it by starting new session.That is the reason why when you log off and login again you dont have issues because of the new session.

Regards,

Ravikiran.K

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Looks like the problem is a bit broad. Somehow i have completed the object and new problem has occoured.

Whenever i launch the application from portal(testing client), sometimes i see that the code i wrote is getting triggered and sometimes the code is not triggered and so i cannot see the expected data on the Table.

Am confused . How can the same code work one time and it will not work the other time. Because of this the code is not passing the QC and i don know how and where to look.

i see the correct data displaying one time and the other time the table is empty.how could this happen ?

Any one faced similar problem before ?

Thanks,

Karthik

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

When you said correct data is displaying one time in correct data at other time. In this case are you checking for the same condition/scenario or checking for different scenario/condition.

Please do check if you are looking the data for similar type of conditions.

Regards,

Rafi

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

I am checking the same scenario. when ever i have the table data displayed, the debugger is stopping at all BP.

Whenever the table is empty, the BP is not stopping at any place. I ve tried in DOINIT & MODIFYVIEW. Its so weird.

Thanks,

Karthik

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Are you using all external break points?

Regards,

Rafi

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Rafi, Yes external BP. Sometimes the BP is getting triggered, Sometimes the BP are not getting triggered.

Same testdata, Same user, Same client.

Note: When i execute directly from SE80, all the data are displayed properly. Tried multiple times. The problem is with portal integration. Not sure where to look at

Thanks,

Karthik

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthikeyan,

Check this

1.Goto SICF Tcode

2 Click on execute button

3 Now goto EDIT-Debugging-Activate debugging -> specify validity period and check

System debugging option and click on activate.

Usually the debugging will be off after some hours. If you continue your session for long period of time your system debugging will be off even when you put break point the break point will not trigger.

Regards,

Rafi

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Rafi, But that is not my problem.

My problem is the code is getting executed once, and next time it is not executed if i access the WDA application from a portal. there is nothing to do with SICF.

As the coding is working fine from direct SE80 tessting, i can figure out thre is some problem with portal. but not sure where.

Any one?

former_member210252
Contributor
0 Kudos

Karthikeyan,

Can you ask portal consultants to  look into running  other applications and debug them.

Like in  portal SRM/CRM etc will be integrated can you try on this for some time.

Even I too faced the same issue when working on SRM FPM components the problem was not with portal, but it was with debugging/closing the sessions etc.

But better try with portal people and take this issue to them and see if they can  help you.

Regards,

Rafi

Former Member
0 Kudos

didn't you play with the load / get / set report commands? Is your work correctly transported to the target system / client?

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to close the current debugging session and start the debugger again after code change. Or, If you want to use the same debugging session with new code, you can load the new code in the debugger session. - In the debugger menu -> Miscellenious -> Load Current Source Code. This will load the new code into the debugger session and you can debug, with out closing the session.

Hope this helps u,

Regards,

Kiran

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

HI.. Looks like the problem has not understood rightly. I am saying that i am closing the application, and starting a new debugging session. At that time, i can see the new code change in the testing client (Not testing system).

But while compiling it is going through the old code on the top of the new code. In the figure, in line no 98 there was some old code which i removed. i can see that in the debugging session also. But during the debugging, SAP compiler compiles the old code eventhough i cannot see it. Everytime i am closing the CITRIX and R/3 completly and then login again to resove this.

Don know how to approach this.