Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most suitable module for manufacturing engineer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

Greetings !!!

I am currently working with Indian MNC in manufacturing as Manufacturing Engineer *** planning engineer with 4.5 years of experience. We have been using SAP PS which is also integrated with MES (Manufacturing Execution Systems) [also handling whole MES system along-with SAP for planning and scheduling cross location manufacturing operations scheduling]. I am thinking of doing SAP certification. When consulted training center , the training center guy suggested to go for SAP PS. Also when consulted one of friend from SAP PS/PLM who was working closely with me [as well knows my profile very well] he suggested to go for SAP PP. He also quoted that PS is having little less demand than PS.

So kind of confused.

Can you guys help me to identify the module ??

Currently I am working in Descrete manufacturing plant (Job type manufacturing/Aerospace )

Also I am thinking to do MBA to further leverage my profile.. Will it help if I do MBA+SAP certification ??

And thanks in advance !!!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I'm currently to working as drafting AutoCAD Solidworks, at Company ICHOR.

Manufacturing engineering. Print PDF etc.

Design and or fabricate work holding tooling using hands on skills maching. Parts cleaning, Tig welding and orbital welding and manufacturing support. tube bending.

anyone need my help with Drafting design. and let me know.

Thank you.

Shekib

lenastodal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I saw your posted answer. Please raise your question again as a new question and follow our rules of engagement: https://community.sap.com/resources/rules-of-engagement. The author of the original question is no longer active in the community and won't receive your query. With the help of our Q&A tutorial: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, you'll be able to prepare questions that draw responses from our members.

Thank you!

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pankaj,

yes based on your experience and exposure, i will suggest you to go with PP side, because having exposure in production you will surely get beniffited with it, yes when it comes to have a job with respect to PS module, yes its true that PP module has less job exposure, but based on your production exposure i don't think it will be a hurdle in your case.

Also, after pursuing your MBA you can opt many sap module which will be a part of your major or minor like SD, FI/CO etc.

So according to me you should choose first that you wants to be an MBA aspirant or take yourself a foot ahead in sap from here right now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Mr. Sanjeev Kumar for the valuable info. !!!!