cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Connect a Chart in SAP Lumira with another with filter functionality ?

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Community,

Is there any way in Lumira to connect different carts - if I click a geographic location for example -Texas- then another chart should only display the data related to Texas? (Data should get filtered for Texas on clicking corresponding geographical location).

PS - Same function runs on Tableau.

Awaiting positive response.

Regards

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

I think I got something similar working using the Storyboard feature

See below:

When I filter on the controls both story boards are filtered on British Columbia and Pennsylvania.

Would something similar work in your case?

Tammy

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for guiding but I want the control not to be used, now referring your charts, If I click on map - Rank by division (Texas) then I should see the details for Texas - for other dimension on the second chart, without using the controls.

Regards

Kumar  

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can't think of any way to do it without controls...I'll keep thinking or you can take a look at Irshaad's suggestions

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

I know working with Lumira without controls to achieve the requirement is bit complex. Meanwhile I am looking into Irshaad suggestion

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

priyachn0915
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Anyone got idea on when the implementation of this feature of resolving the dependency between charts will be available? I observed that this is under review as of Nov' 14. Do we have any updates on this?

Thanks

Priya

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i would recommend you submit an enhancement request at the 'ideas place'

there is already a similar entry here Ability to drill through charts from Geo to Bar types (i.e. guided navigation) : View Idea   but it doesn't quite meet your requirements

regards,

H

former_member184871
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Henry.

Posted the Idea at Idea place please refer > http://bit.ly/1hzFT50

Regards

Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apart from Tammy's solution (is that sufficient?) check out Custom Extensions (with the VizPacker).

There are a few great articles to get started:

//bijan