Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logic behind valuation mode and Valuation rule in Sampling procedure

anand_shukla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear QM Experts,

Can you please explain me the logic behind below valuation mode with brief example...

110 Attr. insp. nonconforming units / manual                 11 Attr. insp. nonconforming units / manual

200 Attributive inspection number of defects                   20 Attributive inspection number of defects

210 Attr. insp. number of defects / manual                        21 Attr. insp. number of defects / manual

Like For what scenario we can use and how it differ to each other,

because as i check and run scenario for all, but system response the same for all.         

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor

Lets try to do this in simple non-SAP speak.

The Valuation Mode basically determines the mechanism(s) the system uses to make the valuation.

The Valuation Rule determines the actual formula or procedure used, it defines the FM used.

110 Attr. insp. nonconforming units / manual                 11 Attr. insp. nonconforming units / manual

So for valuation Mode 110 and Rule 11, this means the pass/fail decision is based on how many of the units inspected for the characteristic failed.  If total units inspected was 10 maybe you record 3 units as failing.   Whether that actually passes depends on the formula's used in by Rule 11, or in reality, FM QEBR_NONCONFORM_UNIT_OR_MANUAL.  The actual number of units allowed, (i.e. the specification, in this case 3), for pass or failed are defined in the sampling procedure. 

Mode 110 can also use rule 10 which is in reality FM QEBR_NONCONFORM_UNIT_VALUATION.  There is information on each rule in the FM documentation.  Rule 10 is a fully automatic valuation, while rule 11 is manual and the valuation is proposed but allows the user to manually override it.

200 Attributive inspection number of defects                   20 Attributive inspection number of defects

Valuation Mode 200 is not based on the number of failing units but on the number of defects recorded.  An example would be that in the above case with Mode 110, we fail the test if three units are identified as failing.  In this mode we might have only one failing unit, but it has three different defects recorded.  Or we have two units failing, with a total of 3 defects recorded. Again the rule determines the calculations used.  Rule 20 is a fully automatic evaluation, rule 21 is manual which allows for user override.

A good example is a test called "Visual Appearance".  We could just fail the appearance test for a lot of 100 if say three units don't pass using Mode 110, regardless of how many defects are recorded for those three units.  But if we switch to Mode 200, we might have one unit that has three different visual defects recorded, (Off-color, ripped package, label askew).  So for just one unit we hit the limit of three defects and the characteristic is failed for the whole 100 unit lot.  We could have three units each with one defect apiece.  That would also result in a failure.  We could also have two units fail, one with one defect and one with two defects.  That would be a fail as well.  (These examples assume that 2 defects or 2 units is the allowable limit with 3 resulting in a failure)

210 Attr. insp. number of defects / manual                        21 Attr. insp. number of defects / manua

So 210 is the same as 200 but since 210 uses rule 21, the valuation is just proposed and the user can override it as they must manually make the choice.

I hope this helps.

Craig

former_member644232
Discoverer

I'm new to QM and have been reading some article trying to understand the different between Attr. insp. nonconforming units & Attributive inspection number of defects, it wasn't that helpful until i found your answer.

Thank you! your explanation & example are just simple and nice!

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you. I'm glad it helped!

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Martin_H
Contributor
0 Kudos

For the difference between 100 and 110 check this thread:

MH