cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI 2004s Query or WAD URL

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating an application in VC and utilizing BI queries and web templates. However I am having trouble finding the long URL address for the exact location of the template. Is this a setting in the portal that needs to be turned on to display the exact address, or is there another way to find the exact location or URL.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

I don't understand your question. Do you search the WAD template? - Can't you find it with the WAD? If you use the template within a VC application then you must find the URL in your model near a html view.

Please give us more details.

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, when I run a query from the query designer or web application from WAD I see a short portal URL. How do I find the long address, that gives me the specific location of my query or web ap.

Thanks for you quick response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

can you post this "short" URL and "long" URL do you want?

Could it be that you the query is running under ABAP (in most cases the port is like 80<system number>) or do you have an URL with a port 50<SAP client> (J2EE --> portal)?

I only can guess. Can you give me an example of the URLs you mean?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't understand this question, either. Say if I have an web application named "ZTEST". What's the url to execute this web application in the explorer?

Furthermore, if I want to filter this web application by limiting one of its characteristics, what will be url to do the job?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ming Jin,

if you excute the Web Application form the WAD you get the URL and if you want to limit a characteristic you can use the Web API. So if you have a html view in your VC application you can build dynamicly your URL, e.g.

the URL from the WAD + Web API Commands.

You'll find the Web API reference here:

<a href="https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001710932004E">https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/form/sapnet?_FRAME=CONTAINER&_OBJECT=011000358700001710932004E</a>

Best Regards,

Marcel