cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not Converted : Free-hand SQL connection problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

While converting a Free Hand SQL report from Desktop Intelligence to Web Intelligence report in BI XI 3.1, I am faced with the problem

Not Converted : <REPNAME> - Free-hand SQL connection problem

It is be noted that there are some other Free Hand SQL Reports, that go converted and published without any error. The subject report has two Data Providers; one referring to the Universe and other from the Free Hand SQL tagged to a DB Connection

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190767
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajeswarudu,

As far as I know when a Deski report with Free hand SQL is converted into Webi, a universe is created with the SQL.

Which exact BO version are you using?

Is it happening with Deski reports which only have Free Hand SQL data provider and no universe data providers?

How many reports are giving this issue?

If you remove the universe data provider from the report (mentioned in the description) and try to convert it into Webi, does it work?

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yuvraj

The version we are dealing with is BO XI 3.1 to BI 4.1. The RCT was initially done in 3.1 and we are experiencing problems in this version itself. RCT from BO XI 3.1 to BI 4.1 is a different ball game with it's own set of issues and hit a road block.

In the 3.1 RCT, we had converted bulk DeskI reports to WebI. We observed that every alternate report failed to convert. There are about 60 of them. The Report canvas, the data providers of standard universe, the FHSQL are almost the same between a pair of converted and non-converted reports. Only difference are Minor changes in the SQL SELECT, WHERE clauses and field selected from standard universe.

After lot of research and experimentation, I stumbled upon this blog http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-46238 and converted 18 reports using this technique.

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raj,

Conversion of free-hand SQL is NOT support at this time.  There is NO assurance if free-hand SQL will convert.

Have at look at article that talks more about what is supported in conversion from DeskI to WebI

Conversion from Desktop Intelligence to Web Intelligence - Business Intelligence (BusinessObjects) -...

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ajay,

Some more points that can be of consideration to you to help understand my problems.

1. The conversion from DeskI to WebI is in the same version BI XI 3.1 and not to BI 4.0 in which Free Hand SQLs is not supported.
  2. I have converted one other Free Hand SQL Report with an error "Partially Converted : <REPNAME2> - Conditional or permanent Hide Header not available in Web Intelligence", for which I had to edit the report in InfoView and un-tick the "Show When Empty" property of the table ( http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=197157&view=next&sid=e6840aafa2d1267c66dae164d1dbf... ). I think the solution mentioned in this link does not meet the purpose as the table is not displayed in the design time after the above untick.

Coming back to our issue, further probing into this aspect I stumbled upon this link meant for RCT for BI 4.0 version

https://csdwportal.dhhs.state.nc.us/downloads/Business%20Objects%20XI%20R4.0%20Docs/SAP%20BusinessOb...

where in Section 3.4.9, there is a mention of the limitation in conversion as under

• "Conversion of reports with free-hand SQL or stored procedures is only possible in Connected mode, since the Report Conversion Tool needs to use the secured connection to the database that is saved in the CMS."

I want to how the secured connection to the database in REPNAME2 is different from the subject report REPNAME1 as REPNAME2 got partially converted. The error reported for Subject report is "Free Hand SQL Connection Problem" and not conversion problem which can occur after the connection is established.

I did check the security properties of various FHSQL connections in the CMC and all of them are identical in nature.

Please advise