cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

outbound IDOC from Delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am from SD Module .in my scenario, when we create or change the delivery Document, one outbound IDOC will be triggered.

In case of Outbound IDOC, I know it is triggered from Output Type. But in My case in WE20 message control tab, nothing is maintained. But still the IDOC is generated.

I suspect other than the Output Type, is there any other way to triggered Outbound IDOC?

I just want to know how the outbound IDOC is trigged in this case. If want to see any screen shot then please let me know I will share with you.

Pls Help.

Regards

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Apart from Message Control (MC), outbound IDocs can get created is by Direct Method i.e. IDoc is created by using the function module MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE.

Please go through the below standard link for more clarity that talks about the 2 ways for outbound IDoc created. Check the link for 'Outbound Processing'. It should answer your query:

SAP Library - IDoc Interface/Electronic Data Interchange

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhishek,

in this case , can you please tell me how to find out the function module, since there is no process code assigned here ?

Regards

Radhika

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Related function modules are directly called from the application which subsequently generates the IDoc. (Check BD60. You can find the FM from the concerned message type there.)

I think you are more inclined to understand how the IDoc got generated. To answer that, there are several technical aspects that takes place internally.

Let me try to give you a simple explanation:

In your case, IDoc got generated during master data create/change. These kind of scenarios are generally governed via Direct IDoc generation and not message control. (I've already provided link for direct outbound creation in my first reply.)

Now, what triggered the generation of IDocs??? Definitely, an update (create/change) in some standard field resulted in IDoc creation. How this happens is, SAP, by default considers some field for generating change documents. (This can be manually set from SE11 as well for required fields). So, when you change your delivery documents, change documents are created which internally create change pointers. Again, internally CHANGEDOCUMENT_CLOSE function module is called when the changes are complete. At this point, if you have activated change pointers for message type in ALE Config (SALE), then it will trigger an IDoc creation internally.

Config is done from SALE->Modeling and implementing business processes->Master Data Distribution->Activate Change Pointers* (both generally and for message type are mandatory)

Useful transactions: BD52, BD60, BD66

Program: RBDMIDOC (Called internally to create IDocs from change pointers. This is scheduled as batch job internally.)

The explanation can further go very technical but the above explanation covers the overview as to what underlying SAP concept triggers IDoc creation apart from MC.

Hope this clears some concepts.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Thanks you so much for your explanation.

in my case when ever i will create delivery or PGI Outbound IDOC is generated.

we are using Z-message type.

i have checked the TCodes BD52, BD60, BD66 and couldnot find any configuration for the message type with the Function module or change pointer.

Kindly let me know is there any other process for the IDOC generation .do you want to see any Screen shot , then please let me know .

Thanks

radhika

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Since it is a custom development, you can get the custom program/function module name and check inside if the fm MASTER_IDOC_DISTRIBUTE or IDOC_INBOUND_WRITE_TO_DB is used it it. We use these function modules to generate IDoc directly.

Alternatively, if you don't know the program name, do a where used search on these FM in your system and try to find Z (custom) programs. The point where these FM are placed in the code is where IDoc generation takes place.

Thanks,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika ,

Maintain the same from We19 and retrigger the Idoc . believe it will be sent.

Thanks

Animesh