cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entry Channel setup for multiple company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a question regarding the entry channel setup (for external requirements in the Plan-Driven Procurement scenario)

In previous implementations, I 've created an entry channel below each company code (as the documentation says it should be). Now, for each entry channel, there was a EBP user assigned, which corresponded to an RFC entry in the backend system (I was connecting EBP to multiple backend systems)

Now, what should I do in the following scenario?:

1. SRM is only connected to one backend system

2. There are 50 company codes

Does that mean I have to create 50 users (for each channel) plus 50 RFC connections in the R/3 system (each with a different user in the backend system), pointing to the same SRM system?

I was thinking of creating an Org iD in the SRM structure at the top (which would be the entry channel), assign only ONE user to it and then fill attribute BUK with all the company codes. However, I don't know if this will work, because the external requirement process might need the company code defined in the "Function" tab... =/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gilberto.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Proyecto,

Try with creating a Enter Channel and assign respective Company Codes to the Attribute BUK .

I think this will work .

With regards,

mahesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Update:

The alternative solution I proposed was correct.

The entry channel does not need to be integrated at the company code level.

It works by creating a single entry channel at the top of the org structure, however attribute BUK needs to be filled in with all the company codes... same goes for the extended attributes of plant and storage locations.

Regards,

Gilberto Gallardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Proyecto Genesis,

I am also configuring the Entry channel (org unit) for multiple company codes.

I tried your logic of defining the entry channel outside company code level. Assigned the BUK attribute and extended attribute for plants and storage locations.

Also in my case the local Pur org and Pur group is defined outside the company code. Is it correct?

However the system fails to transfer the external requisition to SRM.

SLG1 displays following error message.

"No address found for partner function type Ship-To Address"

So if I move the Entry channel (org unit) under any one company code level then the external requisitions are transferred correctly to SRM.

But then the issue is the requirements are not transferred with the backend Pur Org and Pur grp. Instead they are transferred to the Pur Org and Pur grp of the company code under which the entry channel is defined.

Can you please share how do we need to define the entry channel, local pur org and pur grp for multiple company codes scenario, so that the ECC requisitions are transferred with the correct company code, pur org and pur grp to SRM?

Or do we need to define Entry channel for each company code and RFC user actually mapping the same backend system?

Please guide.

Regards,

Sandeep