cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display text additional text as explanation in Web Dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to display additional text as explanation for specific fields in Travel Expense Web Dynpro.

In Travel Expenses there is an option for customizing:

1) Enter Texts for Web Dynpro Interface

SAP help:

In this IMG activity you enter and edit texts that you want to display in the

Web Dynpro interface as explanations for fields.

Texts need to be activated by using a key here

2) Schema and Single Field Control for Web Dynpro

SAP help:

You can assign the texts to a field using a key in the IMG activity
Schema and Single Field Control for Web Dynpro. Your text is then
displayed next to the field in the interface.

Question:

There is no key field in Schema and Single Field Control for Web Dynpro?

Any hint to get this working would be appreciated.

Thanks, Wolfgang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

You can use BADI - TRIP_WEB_CHECK  in the method

USER_CHECK_GENERAL_DATAEdit general data and period data of a trip
USER_CHECK_EDITOREdit general texts of trip
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Hossain,

thank you for your feedback.

It is my understanding that displaying additional text can be achieved purely by customizing.

Actually I don't want to use a BADI if customizing offers this functionality.

Best Regards,

Wolfgang

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

can you tell me  what are field do you need to display. suppose ifyou want to display additional trip location or trip recipes etc. so this can be done by customizing .

let me know your exact business  requirements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like add additional text to the field

"Per Diem Reimbursement for Meals" which is in the "General Data" section of the Web Dynpro.

This field should only be ticked by a certain type of travellers and I would like to add a remark for that.

Thanks, Wolfgang

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You cant do this by customization . so if you want to bring those in your application then u need go for BADI  impl

Thanks  Anwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

The "Enter Texts for Web Dynpro Interface" allows you to enter text which is displayed at the top of various travel management wed dynpro screens.  It can't be used to add text to individual fields.  See the attachments for how this can be used.

For your requirement, you could create different groups for the traveler types and then assign these to different field layouts using feature TRVFD.  This would allow you to remove the tick box for the per diems for the travelers which should not claim these.

Hope this helps,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

thanks for your effort to explain how this feature really works.

Not specifically what I was looking for but helpful in other scenarios.

I will follow up on your suggestion and try to group travellers and use different layouts.

Best Regards,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I was successful in building a simple decision tree to have different return values for different user groups:

This is the example based on company code to distinguish apprentices from other employees.

However the "field selection for decision operation" is limited.

In my case I would need the "Meisterbereiche MSTBR" to distinguish user groups.

Do you know if there as a possiblity to customize the list of field selectors?

Many Thanks,

Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

MSTBR isn't available as a decision field in the standard feature.  In order to add this I believe that you would need to look into a development.

However, it does seem like an odd business requirement to need different schema field layouts depending on the supervisor of the employee.  It would mean that you would have a huge maintenance task in FITVFELD_WEB.   Could you give some more details on the business requirement as there may be another option to meet it?

Cheers,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

I do have an organization with 2 user groups:

- standard travellers

- technical support

The technical support team should have the option to select "per diem accounting for meals" on/off on the WebDynpro while the standard traveller should not have this option.

I am now discussing with HR to populate the field PTZUO "employee grouping for travel management".

PTZUO is a standard field selector and this would allow me to select different schema field layouts.

But I agree this generates more support efforts if customization changes are required.

Any other smart idea?

Thanks, Wolfgang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wolfgang,

Using PTZUO is exactly what I would recommend using.  This will allow you to hide the per diem check box for the standard traveller using the schema field layouts.

Cheers,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

thanks for your support.

Wolfgang

Answers (0)