cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distributed system installtion -usr/sap issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am installting SAP NW 7.4 as distributed system, as of now I have complted the ASCS and datbase instance installtion.

Now the issue is ASCS in one box and datbase instance in one box.

While installing the ASCS instance I have give SID desitnation drive (X) usr/sap folder has been installed in X directory.

But Now in datbase instance installtion destination drive has not been asked ,it asked onely profile directory I have mentioned the same .

Now the issue is I have obeserver in ASCS instance box in C directory usr/sap /CCMs,PRFC log folders created .all the directries ar blank.

But ihave given destination drive X in that drive also its created and porofile also created & ASCS instance up and running.

Same has been installed usr/sap/SID,CCMS.PRFC directories in datbase instance.

If i remove these directires any thing will effect to my exsiitng installtions,Please suggest how it will created without giving the drive .

Please guide me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am installting SAP NW 7.4 as distributed system, as of now I have complted the ASCS and datbase instance installtion.

Now the issue is ASCS in one box and datbase instance in one box.

Are you using Distributed installation or High Availability installation ?

Also I could sense that your environment is Windows. Please share OS and DB platform details.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thnaks for your response.

Operating system:windows 2012

Datbase :Mssqlserver 2012

I am perfroming distributed system installtion ,if we remove these directires any thing will effect to our running SAP.

Please suggest

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As a best practice do not installed anything on C:\drive which is meant for Operation system installation and patches.

You may delete the folders and start the installation one more time using SWPM.

Select correct drive while installation it will recreate new folders in the new path.

Do not delete /usr/sap/SID as it will contain all the kernel and profile files for SAP. You may choose custom option for installation or in Summary select the option to change the required path.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thansk for your response.

I have selected the custome option only ,I have given the destination directry to X (in that directory usr/sap/sid /ascs00 installed) .

In additon to my X destination drive(usr/sap) , in ASCS instance box in C directory usr/sap /CCMs,PRFCLOG folders created (only in C 3 folders created) & all the directries are blank ,no data and no kernel no profiles .

Same as well in datbase instance box as well.

Please suggest how to proceed further

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just do the proper uninstall steps. don't remove any folder in C:\usr, its has having lots of updates in database instance because all you SAPMNT share folder is created on DB instance.

Just uninstall the ASCS instance and do the fresh installation.

Regards

Sriram 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi deepak ,

Please suggest what are the possibilities to reslove the issue .

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Basis,

You need to set the saploc sharing on X:\usr\sap folder both on ASCS instance and DB instance.

Once you set this it will work fine during the installation procedure.

saploc is the share name of \usr\sap directory.

Right click on SAP folder > properties > go to sharing..check if one of the sharename is saploc or not. (if saploc is not there, then create click on New Share > give the name as saploc >

Userlimit - maximum allowed.

Click on permission - Assign full control.

FYI, the sap folder will have two share names, 1. sapmnt 2. saploc

if sapmnt is there, don't remove it.

With Regards

Ashutosh Chaturvedi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu,

I have chekced the same while installtio I have give X diretcory destination drive for X ,the directory sahrename as sapmnt.

In c drive installed directory there is no share name only inthat usr directory having usr/sap /CCMs,PRFCLOG folders created (only in C 3 folders created) & all the directries are blank ,no data and no kernel no profiles .

Same for the datbase instance as well.

No kernel and exe and profile in c directory usr /sap folder

It means can i remove that folders right it will not effect my system

Please suggest

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashu & Deepak,

Please provide your inputs so that I wiill move forward

Advance Thanks

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the folders are blank you may ignore it. Do not delete at the moment as it will not cause any harm to your system.

CCMS and PRFCLOG folders may be created manually for CCMS alert configuration. For CCMS you may copy or define the new path and configure the alerts. There is no problem with that.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thansk for your prompt response .

How will configure CCMS and whats the usage of CCMS where can we check CCMS alerts.

Please suggest .

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For CCMS configuration and monitoring you may seek information available in SAP help portal

Configuring the CCMS Alert Monitor (SAP Library - Configuration of Usage Type Process Integration (P...

Configuring the CCMS Alert Monitor - PI (Process Integration) - SAP Library

Additional information available on

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/docs/DOC-43543

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori