cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threads used to run a job in HANA

0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are working on HANA Studio Rev 68.

Have few Stored Procedures with medium complex logic to fetch data from underlying tables with approx 50 - 100 million rows.

What we noticed is that -  if i trigger one Stored procedure; i see about 15 to 17 threads scheduled in background to complete the job.

Here, the stored procedure might be as simple as reading from a source table and updating few fields in target table (1:1 mapping).

Catch is the volume of source table is say about 200 million.

The source or target table is not partitioned.

If i try to co-relate with the BW world then we have a setting on DSO's to limit the number of parallel threads utilized.

Similarly is there any setting that can define maximum number of threads to be used for a job processing in HANA?

Also - got to know that certain sql statements like "if then" causes a performance issue. If someone could help clarify that as well, it would be great.

Regards

VN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vidya,

There are parameters but it's used for all queries, there's no parameter/hint to make a query use less resources. This can for sure lead to a issue with many threads fighting for resources.

The big news are that for SP7 HANA DEV team changed some features internally and some process do not use so much threads. So in this case I suggest to retest it on SP7.

Regards, Fernando Da Rós