cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling RFC in F4 button

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement in PPM , where i need to add custom fields and when I click on F4 button , I need the data to be fetched from table of different server(ECC and few other) and to store it in custom fields.

Kindly guide me how to proceed on this.

Its an urgent requirement.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rahul

Firstly, you need to have setup the object links to the relevant ECC environment. This is done in the SPRO configuration - for this to work you would have had to setup the relevant RFC and logical system name (same as RFC name) and tested the connection/s.

Then you need to add the custom fields to the relevant database tables under the CI section. For these fields you need to specify a search help as well as relevant domain. Lets say for example you want to add cost centre (which is a ECC PS field) to your Item, you could create a cost centre field in your Item table, use the same domain for this field as what is used in ECC (KOSTL) and assign a search help for cost centre (with the relevant paramaters) to this field of yours.

Then you need to do some configuration (under Global field settings -> Define Custom Field Configuration) whereby you will assign your new field to the advanced search service. You will also do relevant UI Configuration for the field. You will then do configuration for assigning the field to the relevant view and subview

As you can see there are quite a few steps so I hope this helps a bit?

Regards

Chatsworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the valuable answer. I have added a custom tab in Portfolio screen and added the custom fields in /RPM/ITEM_D table. How can i save the data of those custom fields in table. And for search help , DO i need to create the same Domain and in view/subview how can i pass my custom WDA screen. I have configured that screen through FPM (Adapt configuration). Kindly help me with this.

former_member193724
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Chatsworth,

Thanks .Your answers helped me in getting a custom field ( Project Definition- PS_PSPID)  in Initiative View.

Now I have a similar requirement where I need a F4 help getting values from ECC for Project defn. field I added in the screen.

As you mentioned here, we need to assign advanced search service to our Custom fields in the configuration. I tried this but I got an error " Entry IPO 00..9 does not exist in /RPM/OBJ_SERVICE " .

Also can you help what else we need to maintain so that system calls the F4 help of field PS_PSPID with values from ECC.

Thanks in advance!

Lohit

Answers (0)