cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi all

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP and trying ot create an MBO based Hybrid app which takes data from REST service. The REST service accepts an HTTP POST input.

I have seen tutorials of creating MBO from REST service which is an HTTP GET endpoint. Please suggest me with a tutorial.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitendra

Thanks for the reply.

Now If I need to get the data from the user, I would do it as demonstrated in the following tutorial

SUP 1.x Weather WebService Workflow (Part 1 of 2) - YouTube

I am using a webservice which takes data as POST body instead of appending it in the url. I gave the request xsd and created the MBO successfully. I could preview it.

How can I take the input from the user , form the xml and give it to the webservice using MBO ?

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

can you check also?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to create Query in the MBO (Right click on MBO>properties). You can call this query to get data in the app. If you are developing a HWC app once you map the query to a button or menuitem the parameters will be filled with parameters you used while creating query. You can map this parameters with input of user. If you are new to HWC development you can have a look at this,

And if you are developing native app after synchronization you can query the ultraliteDB similar to a method, ex. findByLastMonth("value"); If you are new to native development this might help you,

Sample Queries:

SELECT x.* FROM Sales_order_items_Scheduled x WHERE x.ship_date > DATEADD(month, -1, '1998-11-26') and x.ship_date < '1998-11-26' ORDER BY x.ship_date;

SELECT x.* FROM Sales_order_items_Scheduled x WHERE x.ship_date > DATEADD(year, -1, '1998-11-26') and x.ship_date < '1998-11-26' ORDER BY x.ship_date;

SELECT x.* FROM Sales_order_items_Scheduled x WHERE x.ship_date >= :sDate AND x.ship_date <= :eDate ORDER BY x.ship_date;

In the query tab it will write query automatically if you select the fields (MBO>properties>Object Query>Add).

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

The following is my post data format given to the REST service as the body

<Root>

<User>

<parameter name="id" value="abcd"/>

<parameter name="password" value="23"/>

</User>

</Root>

and the following is the load argument of the MBO generated by giving the request xsd

If the parameters in the load arguments did not have the child tags, I could have added it to Attributes and created an object query.

The number of the argument 'parameter' will come more than 1 time as shown in the request xml.

Is it possible to create an object query in this situation ?

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you able to find FindallQuery under Object queries ? You can use this query while developing the application. Are you developing a HWC or native app ?

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun

Thanks for your time.

I was able to find FindallQuery under Object queries. But this query is not taking input to MBO from the device. I have to take username and password parameters from the device to the MBO.

I am developing HWC app.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to do an authentication  before fetching the data you need to add credentials request screen to the application. After that you need to create a new security profile in SCC and deploy the MBO package to this security profile instead of the admin profile (admin is default). You have different options for authentications.

Related links,

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3454963

Even without passing the credentials it works using the credentials you saved in the REST services connection profile in Sybase workspace.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Midhun

But I have to pass the parameters through MBO to the REST service in xml format, before getting the data. Along with credentials certain other parameters like emailid is also passed.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The example mentioned in this thread help you,http://scn.sap.com/thread/3338213

Midhun VP

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Since you have a load parameter similar to structure you can't the personlization key you are creating can't be used in HWC since HWC will not support PK with structure. You can modify the inout type of the service in this case to solve the issue. Regarding the object query, you can use findAll query.

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Midhun

Thanks Midhun.

Is the following scenario possible

1. User selects a button in the  screen

2. Inside the Custom.js file, I could manually take the data from the editboxes.(I dont know the function)

3. Form the request xml.

4. Set the xml(the string) as the value of the key mapped to the Personalization key.

If possible I would like to know how to set the value of the key.

Here I can use a Personalization key of string type.

Also I would like to know if the native app supports the PK with structure.

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can't you create PKs for name, value and content if these values will be always a single set? Then map these values from HWC to solve this issue instead of setting values from custom.js.

To answer your questions,

It is possible to get the data from editbox using below code:

if(screenKey === "Detail")

{

var form = document.forms[screenKey + "Form"];

if(form){

var Number = form.Number_attribKey.value;// Number_attribKey is the key of editbox

}

}

You can set the PK from custom.js too: Add a key in the screen (click on screen>select keys>add) then map the key to the PK using the below code:

Inside method customBeforeSubmit,

if(screenKey =="Start" && actionName == "Create"){

var myNewValue = new MessageValue();

myNewValue.setKey("PK_Value");

myNewValue.setText("TEXT");

var mvc = workflowMessageToSend.getValues();

if(mvc){

mvc.add(myNewValue.getKey(), myNewValue);

}

Midhun VP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Midhun

There are three sets of name, value pairs.

I could not try the code mentioned as I was having the following problem "java.lang.RuntimeException:the messageListener is null of mbo:"

I then tried to redeploy the Hybrid app. Then I got the following error

An error occurred deploying the package, .pkg to server, MobieServer (Exception Deploy error: runtime_error: -- Unknown error in server runtime: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException).

Let me try resolving these errors. Then I will update on passing values to the REST service.

Answers (0)