cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client copy from Unix to Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to do client copy from my existing unix server to newly installed windows server but the package levels are different. So is it possible to do client copy with different package level or do i need to make sure that package levels are same??

Thanks,

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

I would like to do client copy from my existing unix server to newly installed windows server

For this you need to go with heterogeneous system copy method .

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav for the quick response. So client export/import is not applicable in this case wright??

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

In place of Client you are going to perform the SAP full system export /import ( SAP Heterogeneous system copy) since your SAP system package & OS /DB level are different you have to perform the heterogeneous system copy method

Regards

Sriram

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As your OS are different ,so it would be best to opt heterogeneous system copy.

Thanks,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav and Sriram. Actually i need to copy only configuration so this is the only option i have for the solution??

Thanks,

Sam

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sam,

This is the only option in case SAP system packages OS or Database levels are different.You can find procedures to perform heterogeneous system copy through http://service.sap.com.

Request if answered please close the thread.

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Gaurav.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Kindly follow the steps

1. Do the system copy Heterogeneous system copy method(Export the source system) Since you OS /DB are different

2. Do the import in the target system. and do the post actions as mention in the system copy guide

3. Create the new client in the target system.and then do the client copy with in the target system

4. once every thing are fine you can clear the old client.

Regards

Sriram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186895
Participant
0 Kudos

As per my knowledge client nothing to do with o.s version.

But database should be same on both system.

client copy just check patch level of both sap system that it.

Thanks

Ramesh yadav