cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EHP1 for NW 7.3 SP's

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am planning to apply SP for SAP EHP1 for NW 7.3.

I have a list of SP's in SMP. Can I know the basic components required for applying SP.

For which SP SAP MII14.0 SP4 is supported?

What are all the Mandatory components for "Application Server Java" an "As Java Extensions"?

Regards

R.Prakash

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There are two ways to install the SP one by using MOPZ in SOLMAN and download the requried file in XML and use SUM tool and select Stack Configuration file.. The is recommeded way as the MOPZ will calculate the stack level required.

Other mode is to download manually and uncar the files and when using SUM tool to select the option of Manually Prepared Directory. Refer note 1533222 to find out installed component version.

To configure MOPZ in SOLMAN below are the steps

1.     Create Configuration User                   

2.     Activate BC Sets for Configuration and all Basic HTTP Services                       

3.     Create RFC Connection to SAP    

4.     Maintain SAP Customer Numbers                               

5.     Assign S-User

6.     Maintain System  Landscape

7.     Create Solution and Assign Logical Component

8.     Create Users for Maintenance Optimizer and Assign Authorizations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

Thanks...

I just installed the SOLMAN. I am new to this. But I need the stack XML.

Is there ant document available for the steps to be taken after installing SOLMAN.

Can you give the DOC?

Regards

R.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am using SAP EHP1 for NW 7.3. I want to upgrade the SP. For that I need to install SOLMAN.

But I am getting error while installing.

Can any one share the stack xml of it. So that I can use the component for download.

Regards

R.P

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Thanks.

Is that can you help me on this thread

Regards

R.Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want only the steps to get the details of software components to be downloaded for upgrading SP.

What is the exact step I have to follow after installing SOLMAN.

I mean how to connect the NW system and how to run MOPZ.

Can any one tell?

Regards

R.Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prakash,

The easier and recommended way is to connect your NW 7.31 system to Solution Manager and run the verification tool. Mark all the relevant/correct product instances as installed as proposed by the verification tool. Then generate a stack XML file using MOPZ as mentioned above; with this all required mandatory and dependent files are selected.

Regards

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

I got some error while installing the SOLMAN. So i thought of finding the components from

System Info -> components and downloaded all the SCA files individually. Is that it will work when I deploy with SUM tool?

Regards

R.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use Solution Manager Maintenance Optimizer (MOPZ) to generate the stack XML and place all required files in your download basket for download which you can then install using SUM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

I got some error while installing the SOLMAN. So i thought of finding the components from

System Info -> components and downloaded all the SCA files individually. Is that it will work when I deploy with SUM tool?

Regards

R.P