Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documents Tab in PLM 7.02

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Please explain the use of Documents TAB in the Engineering Record Screen.

There are two tabs for documents present in the engineering record screen,one for attaching documents related to the Engineering change at the ITEM level. There is also another DOCUMENT tab which is available,I would like to know the use of this tab and how would you link the documents here.

If I am not wrong its for documents for the change number. I get an error message "The link to SAP object /PLMB/ECR is not allowed for document type"

How can I get to show some documents in the DOCUMENTS Tab?

What am I missing here???.

Kindly advice

Jo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ulf_petzel
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

the Documents tab in the Engineering Record is similar to the "Accompanying documents" option in the Change Master, so for documents that are not under change control but relevant for the change process.

Since it allows only "attaching" of existing DIRs, usage today is limited. SAP is looking at making it more flexible as there have been quite a few ideas from customers around this one already, like enabling simple file attachments, creating DIRs on the fly, etc :-).

Not sure why you get an error message though.

Regards, Ulf.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member393433
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ulf / Tamas.

I fixed the problem. Its really good to hear that SAP is working in having the file attachment functionality to the Engineering Record. We do have a similar requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Jo

0 Kudos

Jo,

I would like to run this also by you,

We are also using the Documents Tab to attach DIRs that contain supporting data related to the Engineering Record. I understand the authorizations required to enable/prevent linking DIRs to the ER (Auth Obj C_DRAD_OBJ, SAP object /PLMB/ECR) as well as the supporting config required in DC10. All this works as expected.

My question is, is there a means to prevent deleting the object link (DIR to ER) once the status of the Engineering Record is set to a specified status. I thought it might be in config, Status-Based field control, but I dont see where my particular restriction could be addressed.

For example, once the ER is in Status "Released" or "Closed", prevent deletion of linked DIRs from the ER.

Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Greg 

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jo,

our manufacturing company is also using it. Basically we are attaching the Change Notice documents to the engineering record header.

We can automatically generate the DIR and attach the documents (files) to the engineering record. It is a custom development.

For the documents subtab on the item level the business case is to handle the changes (creation, deletion) of a particular document

Best regards

Tamas

0 Kudos

Tamas,

We are also using the Documents Tab to attach DIRs that contain supporting data related to the Engineering Record. I understand the authorizations required to enable/prevent linking DIRs to the ER (Auth Obj C_DRAD_OBJ, SAP object /PLMB/ECR) as well as the supporting config required in DC10. All this works as expected.

My question is, is there a means to prevent deleting the object link (DIR to ER) once the status of the Engineering Record is set to a specified status. I thought it might be in config, Status-Based field control, but I dont see where my particular restriction could be addressed.

For example, once the ER is in Status "Released" or "Closed", prevent deletion of linked DIRs from the ER.

Any light shed on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Greg 

former_member214775
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Greg,

I think it is not possible with customizing. Perhaps you can check the BAdI: Determination of User Authorization but I can only a little chance to use it for this purpose.

You should do custom development for this requirement.

Best regards

Tamas