cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP TAO: Get and Set Value from/to Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

as i do not have any documentation yet, i ask this SAP TAO Question to the community:

Can anybody explain, how i make Getter and Setter from/to Excel Files in SAP TAO?

1. I want to read a value from a excel with TAO and check in SAP if the value in the SAP GUI is the same as in my Excel. e.g. i have a quantity in my excel and i want to check, if the current production order has the same quantity.
  2. I want to read a value from a production order with TAO and want to write down this value to the excel with TAO.

These are my 2 use cases, i want to do with TAO.

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Sebastian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien,

You can use the following default business components from sap tao which is available in SAP front end / R3.

From SAP to Excel ( you have to pass on the correct parameters in accordance to the physical/logical properties of that object)

1.Get Text

2.Get Cell Value

3.Get Status bar content
4.Get Message Parameters

For checking from Excel:

1.Compare Values

2.Set Condition

3.Report Message

Also you can use standard tokens like %random% in excel for P.O Numbers which automatically fetch six digit unique values...No need to change everytime...

Hope this helps .

Thanks,
Venkat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

can u please give a detailed step capturing the order number and putting it in the excel sheet . The value should come under the heading P.O number.

i create a sales order - order number will be created - that order number i want to put it in the excel sheet.  Please provide a detailed step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aakash,

One should know about some SAP testing concepts and little vb scripting knowledge for understanding this SAP TAO landscape.whatever the number(P.O /Sales Order number) created in statusbar can be captured to an excel sheet.however PFB the details.Hope this helps.

Storing the Sales Order Number in the Data Table Excel Sheet

1. Drag and drop the getMessageParameter component in the suitable location of the test case. Generally, it would be dragged and dropped before the automatically added GetMessageParameters component.

2. Provide the same URI of getMessageParamters component to the getMessageParameter component. Use the suitable index for storing the value. You find this index by using QTP object spy. The index in the case of standard VA01 transaction is 1.TargetField is the DT_XXX which is a column name in the data table Excel sheet.

Adding Manual Validation on the Status Bar

1. While recording the PFA use the CheckPicker functionality to inject the CheckProperty component for status bar validation.

2. After the PFA upload, the check property component is introduced after the GetMessageParameters component.

3. Modify the data table Excel sheet to capture suitable string for validation.

Thanks,
Venkatesan M

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.