cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakdown of costs into specific GL Accounts on Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

So, here's what I understand from the client. They have the cost of production from Raw Materials to Finished Goods and will be setting up in the system on the production side by the breakdown of all costs. The question is, when a sale is made, can we post some or all of these specific costs into respective GL accounts? I am not still very clear on the requirement as such, but it was drafted by someone prior to me. I am just preparing to understand this scenario in terms of how we can do this in the system. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

When we make sales we can charge cost of goods sold to relevant GL by making account determination assignment in OBYC and accounting entry takes place at the time of PGI. We can charge material's cost price in one G/L here. If your query to break this cost in different GLs and post, then I must say that this is not possible. System only posts materials cost price which comes from material master data.

Understand your client's query in detail and see if this is what they are seeking for.

Thank$