cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Server 6.40 - How to know where documents came from?

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have very little knowledge of Content Server or how it's configured with a SAP system.

What I need to know is how do I find out where each document stored in the MaxDB database originates.

I know on our system, some come from ArchiveLink and some from Business Document Store.

I know this because having run program DMS_KPRO_CHECK1, it states that

PHIOS in Content Server w/o Reference in KPRO

Number of PHIOS: 480680

Now I know in Content Server table DOCUMENT0001 in MaxDB there are 4.2 million records and the above 480 thousand are from the BDS table BDSPIO6 with Content Category of Z2 our defined Content Repository.

I also know that in table TOA01 I have 1.6 million records against Z2 repository.

So how am I supposed to find where all these documents originated?

Thanks

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

where the documents came from is not a question the database team can answer. The database only gets the inserts, update and delete commands from the application side. On database level there is no column which can tell you where the document came from. May be in transaction csadmin you can find the missing information. But I'm not sure.

So I suggest to open an customer ticket on componet BC-SRV-KPR-CS and ask the colleague of the Content Server application.

Regards, Christiane

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

Thanks for the response, I was hoping it would be much easier than that.  However I have raised a customer message as per your recommendation.

Thanks

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

the problem is related in the Blob columns if a table is deleted and unfortunately not yet possible to fix it with administrative tasks.

Please tell me the ticket number - I will forward this ticket directly to IMS team to start analysis as soon as possible.

Regards, Christiane

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christiane,

I raised ticket 0000304077 for How to determine document origin in SAP SYSTEM

and also 000020163434 for Content Server (MAXDB 7.6) DB size appears incorrect

Thanks

Craig

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichaelTe
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

for the ArchiveLink side: in transaktion OAC3 you can see the "Links for Content Repositories".

There you can see which Objecttypes/Documenttypes are archived in which Content Repository.

There are three other tables where data could be stored:

TOA02; TOA03; TOAHR

Perhaps there are your missing documents from?

Hope that helps, Michael

former_member204618
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I have already checked table TOAOM which is what OAC3 looks at.  There are 103 entries all of which point to link table TOA01.

Entries in this table don't appear to correspond with entries in table BDSPIO6 .  I can't obviously check them all!

Thanks

Craig

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

Please check the tables listed under the below links

SAP Content Management - Link between SAP Objects and originals - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN...

Table that link RE and Document Management | SCN

Some useful function modules

BDS_BUSINESSDOCUMENT_CREATEF

BDS_ALL_CONNECTIONS_GET

BDS_BUSINESSDOCUMENT_GET_INFO

BDS_BUSINESSDOCUMENT_GET_TAB

Class – CL_BDS_DOCUMENT_SET

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori