Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the difference beween idoc package and idoc collection

former_member561528
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

i am unable to understand difference betwen Idoc package and Idoc cillection.

Please give me clear clarification.

Thanks and regards

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abranjan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Apart from the replies above, in case you're looking for an answer from ECC perspective, here are some inputs: (ECC is considered as sender here)

1. IDoc Collection:

This will collect the IDocs and will not immediately send it to the target system after they are created. Program RSEOUT00 can be later scheduled for these collected IDocs to deliver them to the target. You can treat this as a park and process approach which proves useful in several business scenarios.

This standard link gives more insight:

SAP Library - IDoc Interface/ALE

2. IDoc Packaging:

This defines the number of IDocs to be packed and sent in 1 RFC call (tRFC). If you set is as 20, then 20 IDocs will be sent in 1 tRFC request. This doesn't connote whether the IDocs will be triggered immediately or later, this just talks about the bundling of IDocs per RFC call.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think,

Collecting IDOCs: some thing which you use multiline container element to collect IDOCs in ccBPM.

Here every single message received in SAP PI and appended to the container.

Packaging: It is feature provided from SAP PI 7.1 onwards ,where IDOC package can be sent from ECC, here SAP PI will receive one XML message with bundle of IDOCS inside it.

Check links on the same in SDN.

Let me share some to help you for ref:

IDOC collection using ccBPM:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3329893

IDOC packaging:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2010/01/22/idoc-packaging--sap-pi-71-ehp1-an...

Hope this helps.

--Divyesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhanu,

Idoc Collection :- single Idoc comes in PI and we use container objects (ccBPM) to collect the idoc .

Idoc packaging :-  for this we need to some configuration in ECC "we20"

1.  package size = more than 1

2. send after collect

and in PI we need sender agreement and there check the box for idoc packaging and same size as we have given in ECC

Result :-  in both ways result will be the same . u will get one collective idoc.

Thanks & Regards

Rudra