cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B Message Not Reaching Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am sending data from RFC to My partner(AS2) . when I look into the message log I notice that the message

has been delivered .and I am getting 997 acknowledgment

But my partner says that they have not received the message, I have given the correct URL,sender and receiver id

what might be the issue is there any way to track the AS2 message apart from the communication channel

I have attached the screen shot of acknowledgment

Note: we are using B2BAddon

Thanks

Jai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

I agree with Stefan, if you get 997 acknowledgement (accepted) then we are good

but in the screenshot that you have attached I see "Acknowledgement not solicited"

That means acknowledgement is not requested by you or partner doesn't provide one

and you haven't received 997 for this particular scenario.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm71_sp10/helpdata/en/ff/a35e514b808d23e10000000a441470/content.htm?full...

Are you handling/tracking your 997 acknowledgement which comes back from the partners(if your partners are sending 997 back) as in using 997 to update the status of your outbound message.

If not, you can configure 997 from partners and convert the status and control number of 997 to track status.

For any more information on FA 997 you can refer

Regards,

Pooja

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

if you have sent out a message and you have received a 997 then check the content of the 997 message.

- if it indicates that your message has been "rejected", then you know that the error is on your side and that something was wrong with your EDI file.

- if it indicates that the file has been "accepted" on partner side, then I would show this 997 to your partner to prove that his B2B-software/system has accepted the data and therefor it´s now his responsibility to verify why it seems on his side that the file had not been received...

Anyway, if a 997 has been received, then you don´t need to check firewall etc...since the 997 is sent by the partner and therefor the technical connection has to be fine.

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Is it a sync scenario? or Async? because if it is Async may you hace the Ok, because PI has sent the message but on a Sync scenario you will be waiting the correct answer. Try to check the target configuration.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is Async senario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

So, check the connectivity config, firewall, etc because for PI the message has been sent, it's async, so Pi is not waiting the response.

Regards