SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAX-Define Transactions for External Bank Statement Transfer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo,

We have a transaction named 116 in which no interpretation rules defined in CAX. I mean SPRO-> Financial Accounting(New)-> Contract Account Receivables and Payable -> Business Transactiobs->Payments->Process Incoming and Outgoing Methods -> Define Transactions for Electronic Bank statement Transfer. Here I mean we did not include saying whether it is a Return or Incoming payment Method.

My First Question, how come the system took this transaction in payment lot eventhough it is not maintained as stated in the above settings.

but for this transaction 116, in FI->OT83 Posting rules were for the transaction 116 to the correspondent GL Account.

Now we don't want this position in Payment Lot with out touching the posting rules in FI. How can this be achieved?

Thanks a lot in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

The reason for item taken to payment lot might be the mapping for transaction external code as payment lot in configuration

SPRO->Financial Accounting (New)->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Payments->Processing Incoming and Outgoing Payments->Define Transactions for Electronic Bank Statement Transfer.

Regards,

Lalit

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

The reason for item taken to payment lot might be the mapping for transaction external code as payment lot in configuration

SPRO->Financial Accounting (New)->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Payments->Processing Incoming and Outgoing Payments->Define Transactions for Electronic Bank Statement Transfer.

Regards,

Lalit

0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

Thanks for your reply. As I stated above, we have not maintained the configuration as stated above but still the external transaction was in the payment lot.

Where can it go wrong?

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

Can you please check configuration for Global setting for Electronic bank statement.

in below path

SPRO->Financial Accounting (New)->Bank Accounting->Business Transactions->Payment Transactions->Electronic Bank Statement->Make Global Settings for Electronic Bank Statement

Here check your bank statement code is mapped against posting rule which is for payment lot transfer.

Regards,

Lalit

0 Kudos

Hi Lalit,

I am glad for your reply. Here the Posting rules were defined for the external transaction. The requiremen is as stated above

"but for this transaction 116, in FI->OT83 Posting rules were for the transaction 116 to the correspondent GL Account.

Now we don't want this position in Payment Lot with out touching the posting rules in FI. How can this be achieved?

They dont want to touch the posting in FI but in CAX we dont want to interpret that in Payment lot. I was assuming if it is not defined in Account receivables and payables then this transaction will not considered in CAX.

Please explain the process difference by defining additionally in CAX.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos

Solution:- Posting rule was changed so that not to have the posting in subledger CAX.