Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capacity overload at a Resource.

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

There is a capacity overload at specific resource.I extracted the production list report which shows which orders were using these resources.Some 4-5 order were observed, I have noticed that for one order the bucket capacity consumption is showing much higher than what expected.I have calculated by formula   ( Dur(v) from Mode PDS / Base qty from that operation in which the resource exist * Receipt qty )  .For all other orders that calculation is correct but for the issue order I could not find the root cause.

The resource we are using is a single mixed resource with finite scheduling checked,Resource utilization is 100 %.

Please suggest what are the reasons the capacity can overload and why the bucket consumption is showing for higher for specific order.

Regards

Debasis nanda

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Debasis.

In PP/DS, the bucket capacity requirements will be calculated during PDS Explosion (when order is created) as

PP/DS Bucket CapReq = BucketCapReq(Fix) + OrderQuantity * BucketCapReq(Var) / BaseQuantity(Activity)

I cannot see what the base quantity for the activity is in the screenshot you provided.

What I would suggest is that you manually create some planned orders at the product view and then check the bucket capacity requirements at the Order View (/SAPAPO/RRP2) by displaying the details of the activities, and then checking whether it is consistent with the formula above.

If yes, please, check whether your implementation of /SAPAPO/CURTO_CREATE badi that generates the bucket capacity requirements in the PDS during PDS transfer is correct.

Regards,

Tiago

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

You are using weekly bucket. Probably there is no issue in the resource consumption. This could be due to the bucket definition and period factor defined in the product master (please check if 'consider period factor' is checked) for a particular order. I think for a particular order the order start date and end date lie in two different consecutive buckets here in this case. So the order, consume the resource, available in two different bucket. But when you view the consumption data in weekly view, it will show you the total resource consumption for that particular order in one bucket depending on the period factor value (if the value is zero or near to zero, then in the bucket where the order start day falls, or if the value is near 1, then total consumption will be shown in the bucket where the order end date falls). So, this will be shown as resource over utilization.

So, I suggest to view the resource consumption in daily view. Then you will be sure if there is really any issue. That way you will see the order which causing this confusion.

And if there is really an issue, then please check the minimum lot size of the product in the order with issue. Check if you really have that much of resource available in a bucket to create such order quantity. If not then the system will create the order and place the order right after your SNP production horizon and over-utilize that bucket (but I guess it is not the case here, as you confirmed that you have resource available in a bucket to create that order).

Thanks,

Satyajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasis,

Please check the bucket consumption in the PDS instead of duration. If possible please attach the screen capture.

Thanks

Chandra

former_member476084
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chandradeep,

Thanks for your reply.

You can see in below  screen shot that the Bucket resource consumption value is same for as Activity duration (Var). We have an enhancement for PDS in which it is mentioned that first Activity duration(var) will be calculated  then  this value will be populated in the Bucket resource Consumption field.

Regards

Debasis Nanda