cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add new Sales Organization and sell to existing Customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to SAP. I need some help to create a sales organization and assign it to an already existing customer. Could anyone of you guys please provide the the detailed list of steps like  how to create Sales organization what I should do after creating a sales organization( Assignments like shipping point, plant, credit control area, purchasing organization etc.) and how to sell goods to an already existing customer.

Thanks you so much.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek

As rightly suggested by Mr Lakshmipati, TW and Anurag you need to search the internet for details.  There are numerous posts in the net which cover the enterprise structure topic in terms of SD.  In SCN you can find threads which will help you overcome any blockades that you might face in terms of definitions and assignments.

Anurag has rightly pointed out that you need to draw a flow chart / structure of how your organisational units such as Sales Org, Distribution channels, divisions, Sales Offices, etc are to be created in the system vis a vis the organisation for which you are going to do this configuration for.

You can use the Building Blocks provided by SAP as a base to do this activity. The Building Block applicable to Enterprise structure is 101_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_IN.

I hope this helps.

Shiv

0 Kudos

Vivek,

Like mentioned earlier by TW and Laksmipathi, internet is the best option. All I can do is suggest an approach.  Break down your task into smaller pieces.

Lets say, one of the tasks is that you want to accomplish is creating a Sales Org.

You may then want to explore the following:

- Read and understand what is  Sales org.

- Draw an structure on a paper.

- See that you have all the elements of org structure to create a SO?

- Find out what is needed to create a SO?

- Is there any configuration needed?

- What is the SO assigned to?

- Is there any accounting links?

etc...

I would suggest that, then start looking for your answers on internet.  You can apply a similar approach to whatever you want to do.

Hope this will help you navigate you way.

anurag

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

anurag,

Good suggestion -

break down the task into smaller pieces

For a functional consultant, for analyzing, for identifying root causes, solutions, for explaining things to the client; this approach has proved beneficial to me.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Search the internet and you will get all the answers. One thing great about SAP is many times internet search will give you the solutions, suggestions. This is something you can follow throughout your career.

assignment of shipping point - please check with the creation of a new sales org, does shipping point (or its assignment) come into picture?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had searched the internet but the problem is I am new and I was not able to find any sequence of steps to do so and which is making my task even more harder.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In normal circumstances, definitely, this thread would have been locked but since you had indicated that you searched but still not able to find solution which is really a surprising news, you have to explain where exactly you struck.  For information, you cannot assign a new sales organization to an existing customer but you have to (assign) extend the customer to a new sales organisation, via XD01 or VD01.

G. Lakshmipathi