Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PERSON_FIRM_EN cleansing package missing in Information Steward

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have Installed Information Steward 4.2 SP1. But there is no PERSON_FIRM_EN cleansing package under published cleansing package. previous versions  I was having the PERSON_FIRM_EN cleansing package under published cleansing package. 

In this version there is no more PERSON_FIRM_EN cleansing package in information steward ?

Is it available only in SAP Data services only from this version?

is any installation problem if yes how can I resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In 4.2, all language-specific dictionaries have been merge into one cleansing package, called PERSON_FIRM.

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk ,

I am not finding PERSON_FIRM cleansing package under published cleansing packages of the Information Steward.

Is it Installation issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The person and firm cleansing package has to be included when installating of Data Services. If it is not there, that either means you've forgotten to select the option, or, most probably, the option was disabled during the installation. That's a "feature" of the installation, the PERSON_FIRM.zip file, located within the cleansing package .zip file, must already be copied to the correct location. If the cleansing package data is not found by the installation program in the expected location, that option is disabled.

The location referred to would be something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\data" on Windows.

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk ,

I have checked the Data services  and it is available .

Is it also available in information steward ? or not required .

previous versions it is available in Information Steward and  we can copy it to the private packages and we can modify if we want.

can we use same PERSON_FIRM in cleansing package builder?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. Exactly the same functionality as before. Only difference is one global package now compared to language-specific ones in previous versions.

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

But PERSON_FIRM cleansing package is not available in the cleansing package builder of Information steward

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you select it in DS? in a datacleanse transform:

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

I can select and execute the using cleansing transform .

But there is no cleansing package under Cleansing Package builder .

Earlier versions we have PERSON_FIRM cleansing package under Published Cleansing Packages.  If we want we can modify by copy it to the private cleansing packages .

Now that option is not available like PERSON_FIRM cleansing package from Information Steward cleansing Package Builder.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is not related to the version, because it works for me:

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk ,

How can I get the PERSON_FIRM Cleansing Package in the cleansing package builder?

Do I need to re - install again ?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It could be your IS web applications are not deployed properly. Check out the Post Installation section in the IS Installation Guide;

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk ,

I tried to repair the Information Steward installation . I am getting the below error  from the installation log.

15:45:01.583 Current working dir: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\logs\2014.04.01.14.39.56\

15:45:01.584 NativeActionExecutor: temporarily updating path. Adding to path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\

15:45:01.584 Set environment variable 'Path': 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\'.

15:45:01.585 Prepend to environment variable 'Path': 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\;C:\Python33\;C:\SybaseIQ\OCS-15_0\bin;C:\SybaseIQ\shared\Sybase Central 6.1.0\win64;C:\SybaseIQ\IQ-15_4\Bin64;C:\SybaseIQ\IQ-15_4\Bin32;C:\Sybase\REP-15_5\lib3p64\log4cxx\lib;C:\Sybase\REP-15_5\connector\lib;C:\Sybase\REP-15_5\bin;C:\Sybase\OCS-15_0\lib3p64;C:\Sybase\OCS-15_0\lib3p;C:\Sybase\OCS-15_0\dll;C:\Sybase\OCS-15_0\bin;C:\Sybase\ASE-15_0\jobscheduler\bin;C:\Sybase\ASE-15_0\dll;C:\Sybase\ASE-15_0\bin;C:\Sybase\DBISQL\bin;C:\Sybase\DataAccess64\ADONET\dll;C:\Sybase\DataAccess\ADONET\dll;C:\Sybase\DataAccess64\ODBC\dll;C:\Sybase\DataAccess\ODBC\dll;C:\Sybase\UAF-2_5\bin;C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WINDOWS LIVE;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\COMMON FILES\MICROSOFT SHARED\WINDOWS LIVE;C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\INTEL\ICLS CLIENT\;C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\ICLS CLIENT\;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WBEM;C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\WINDOWSPOWERSHELL\V1.0\;C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\INTEL(R) MANAGEMENT ENGINE COMPONENTS\DAL;C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTEL\INTEL(R) MANAGEMENT ENGINE COMPONENTS\IPT;C:\PROGR喙㠚ݾܭ¢噭㠚ݾ⽰¤ݾ;C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\sqlanywhere\bin64;C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\sqlanywhere\bin32;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin\;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon\;C:\cygwin64\bin\'.

15:45:01.585 NativeActionExecutor: calling action entry point.

15:45:01.686 CpDataDeploy: "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\sapjvm\jre/bin\java.exe" -jar "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\InstallData\InstallCache\im.lac.is.cpdata.cp-4.0-core-32\14.2.1.220\actions\utilities\CpDataDeploy.jar" "VENKATA-PC" "Administrator" "***" "secEnterprise" "PERSON_FIRM.txt" "C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\\" ""

15:45:06.011 Connecting to the CMS server...

15:45:43.699 Error connecting to CMS server.

Unable to connect to CMS Server. Check your login information.

15:45:44.399 Deleting file: PERSON_FIRM.txt

Deleting file: PERSON_FIRM.udc

Deleting file: PERSON_FIRM_PER.cp

Deleting file: PERSON_FIRM_VER.cp

Deleting folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\is_cp_data\

15:45:44.700 2014/04/01, 03:45:44: RunRedistProgram: return value 1

15:45:44.700 CpDataDeploy: Error: Deploying the PERSON_FIRM CP data failed

Please help me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramana.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The actual error is "Unable to connect to CMS Server. Check your login information". It occurs during redeploy of the PERSON_FIRM cleansing package.

Are you able to manually connect to the CMS (from the CMC) using exactly the same credentials as specified during the repair?

venkataramana_paidi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk ,

I can log in CMS server successfully . While repair it asks the CMS credentials and gave and successfully logged into CMS.

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am sorry, but now I'm at my wit's end.

Maybe try a complete uninstall/reinstall? of IS, I mean.

Though I am afraid you've already received exactly the same error message during the initial installation, too.