cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work Manager : GetWorkOrdersSteplet - NullPointerException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

We are implementing standard SAP Work Manager 6.0. When starting the ATE I get this error during the Agentry Client Transmit:

Replacing definition for Checking Get WorkOrders

Application Updated to 1

Checking Get WorkOrders...

GetWorkOrdersSteplet - NullPointerException

Server error - please contact your administrator (13)

I wasn't able to find any logfiles in the ATE folders that could point me in the right direction, it was another blog posted here on SCN () that made me look at our SAP ERP system.

Two questions:

1. Where can I find the logfiles for this error?

2. Table AUFK does have an extension CI_AUFK with 4 custom fields (see below). Is that the cause of this error? If that's the case, do we need to enhance SAP WM, or is there another way to bypass or ignore those custom fields?

Regards.
Edwin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Edwin,

We experienced the same issue as you... And this is the only resource we can find, did you solve it? Many thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chao,

As mentioned, the NullPointerException was resolved after implementing SAP note 1952322.

Regards,
Edwin

0 Kudos

Hi Chao,

Are you getting the Null Pointer exception on connecting to the standard application or its happening only while connecting to customised application?.

From the log files you could see while executing which BAPI throwing the exception, eg: :/SMERP/PM_DOFUNCLOCATION_GET.

Verify the config panel, where the BAPI “/SMERP/PM_DOFUNCLOCATION_GET” is mapped to the custom mobile application and mobile object?.

Verify the Functional location MDO-> is the data object name is changed according to the custom name?

Verify you have created the copy correctly; objects are copied correctly; if not rename manually.

Thanks

Resmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)If you are using the Stand-alone Agentry Server they will be in the LOG folder.  You my need to enable more detail logging see: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1959484

If you are using SMP 2.3 Server the logs see: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1893571

2) There can be lots of reasons for this error to include unable to find Java code.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just an update on the NullPointerException error, this was fixed with SAP note 1952322.

Rgrds.