cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Version Question after Upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are in the process of preparing to do a substantial ECC upgrade.  We are currently on ECC 6.0 EHP5, SP4 and we want to go up to ECC 6.0 EHP7 SP3.  I was able to generate the appropriate EHP7 SP3 maintenance optimizer stack file in Solution Manager which I have used to do the upgrade via SUM 1.0 SP9 (see below)

However when I go into my ECC system, and I go into System, Status, Component Version it shows EHP6 for some reason

Now when Does anyone have any ideas on why I don't show EHP7 as expected for my component version?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madasamy_arunachalam
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steve

As you know, SAP ECC comes with 3 Major stack/components as a SAP ERP system;

i.e. 1) SAP ERP 6.0, 2) EHPx FOR SAP ERP 6.0 and 3) EHPx FOR SAP NETWEAVER 7.0

EhP level for SAP ERP         can be checked from its components, SAP_APPL and or EA_HR , i.e 605 means EhP 5

EhP level for SAP Netweaver can be checked from SAP_BASIS or  SAP_ABA, i.e. 702 means Ehp 2.

Regards

Swami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for their replies.  This flag seems to be inaccurate in certain circumstances.  My bet is that is due to the SAP_APPL component being older.  I will update that component and see what happens.

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

EhP level for SAP ERP can be checked from its components, SAP_APPL and or EA_HR , i.e 605 means EhP 5

Correction:

The EHP level of the SAP ERP system is determined using SAP_APPL and EA_APPL.

SAP_HR and EA_HR can still be on the low patch level unless you update them and they don't provide the the EHP level of an ERP system.

If the upgrade was done properly then you will have SAP_APPL and EA_APPL on the expected target level.

Regards

RB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Check the patch level of SAP_APPL and EA_APPL

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had same issue but for EHP6 and SAP has provided the note 1342576 - ERP EHP 604: Text relating to system status is inconsistent