Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B2B add-on

mayank_yadav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We all know that B2B scenario involves Party to Party  communication as the systems involved

in message exchange are in different landscapes.We also checkbox for sender uses virtual receiver

while creating receiver determination.

We have one B2B scenario where (EDI to IDoc-XML)  parties are not  used.

Does B2B add on eliminates the need for party to party comunication?

Regards,

Mayank Yadav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

piyush_gakhar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Mayank,

Party is a standard component of PI and also, it is optional. As part of best practices, it is recommended to use Party in B2B scenarios but still can be optional apart from specific usecases.

B2B Add-On does not change anything related to Party concept. If you are using Trading Partner management component, then party is mandatory as it is used as main object for storing partner related data including DUNS, EAN nos, agreements etc. and B2B runtime reads all the information from Party itself.

Regards,

Piyush

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

mayank_yadav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Going forward If multiple external systems are involved then , I feel Party concept has to be implemented in this case.Please correct me If I am wrong. Only B2B add on is installed

and we are not provided with any identifiers by client, but are expecting that

more systems will be involved .

mayank_yadav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks All for Help,

Actually in my scenario B2B add on was installed and Parties were not used.

So I got confused why Party is nt used here since its a B2B.

Now I got a clear idea about B2B addon- it converts EDI to  EDI-XML

just like Seeburger BIC mapping Designer does for Seeburger AS2 adapter.

Morever Party was not used here(in my B2B scenario where B2B add on was installed;business component is used instead of Business system) because 1 sender and 1 receiver system is there. 

Party will be used only when we have multiple external sender/receiver systems across the landscape so that they can be identified with globally valid IDs.

anand_shankar10
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You may use party for EDI sender and no party for IDOC Receiver (ECC).

Thanks

Anand

mayank_yadav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

I have used party for both EDI sender and AS2 receiver in one of my previous B2B scenario.

If the IDoc receiving  system  is in different landscape , then IDoc receiver is also based on party.

Morever I am trying to understand whether B2B add on installation eliminates the need of party to party communication i.e. sender & receiver systems use communication components without party.

If yes , then how ?

Regards,

Mayank

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

you need the party object for B2B communication, it requires for AS2 ID (which only define in Party object).

regards,

Harish

mayank_yadav
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Harish ,

Thats right but my question is whether using B2B add on eliminates the use of party object

where AS2 ID is reqd?

Regards,

Mayank

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

AFAIK - B2B addon did not eliminate the use of Party object.

regards,

Harish