Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC Change Logs

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on SAP transportation management (TM) system which uses NWBC. All end users access NWBC and perform various transactions like Create Booking, Change Booking etc.

Change logs are not being captured in any of the change tables (CDHDR and CDPOS). I browsed in google and came across concept called Context Log Changes for Webdynpro applications.

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/17/023e63ac50439e83d4ed8573df0938/content.htm?fram...

I have executed the demo existing in my system and demo shows that the whatever changes being done by the users in NWBC can be captured using this context change logs.

We are looking to implement this for our project, but before that we have few queries.

1. Where do these context logs gets stored if i enable them?

2. Our TM system is being integrated with GRC system, so if the change logs gets recorded in change tables (CDHDR and CDPOS), GRC can read them.

3. Does this show any performance issues for our system if enabled?

Experts please suggest.

Thanks,

Sai.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't really understand how this is related to NWBC (which is a client) but I will try to answer your question: the context change log functionality works only with the Web Dynpro ABAP runtime and the logs are not persisted, they exist only during the runtime eg. lifetime of the Web Dynpro ABAP component. The context change log has to be enabled for each Web Dynpro ABAP component so in case you are using standard SAP functionality, you would have to modify standard SAP applications and that is something you don't want to do. There are existing frameworks which utilize the context change log functionality and build a wrapper on top of it, PLM Web UI is one. If you want to discuss the context change log functionality further, create a new discussion thread in the space.

The change document tables you refer to (CDHDR and CDPOS) are populated only if the application implements the change documents API, not all applications do. Instead you should probably look at table logging if the requirement is to log all changes. See SAP note 139418 for details. Consider however the space requirements and negative performance impact of table logging.