cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARQ: How to map AC fields with HR System???

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dears,

I am trying to map AC fields in Access Request from HR system. However, manager id is not fetched from HR system. When I see in GRACUSER table for HR system connector, column "MANAGER_ID" is empty for all users!

Below is the mapping configuration in GRC system:

Below is the Data Source Configuration:

Can anyone please advise?

Regards,

Faisal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I followed note#1609554 - How manager info is pulled from HR system into ARQ (suggested by colleen in one of the threads) and maintained the path "A002" for the ERP production system which is having HR. Then in field mapping, I selected "MANAGERID" under AC field Name column. However, I did not find any relevant name under "System Field Name" column after pressing "F4"!

Anyhow, I maintained "MANAGERID" there also and table name as "PA0105" and Subtype as "0001"

I synchronized the users from HR system. Still, I am not able to get the manager id in access request! I even did not find the manager id in table GRACUSER.

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

In User detail data source try to maintain the HR system first in sequence. Are the employees maintain in infotype 0105 - 0001 in HR system?

Regards,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, I maintained HR as first in the sequence and all employees are maintained in 0105 and 0001 in HR system.

Please advise.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the way, I would like to ask if I have to do any mapping in "Maintain Mapping for Actions and Connector Groups" for HR system connector?

So far I have not come across with any note/post in SCN which says this. I maintained the User Search Data source as HR (also LDAP) and then chose "A002" in "Maintain Connection Settings" for HR system connector.

Can anyone please confirm if this is ok?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

The path A002 the manager should be the person whi is in charge of.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, this is maintained in PA0105  and 0001 in HR system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The path B012 should be the person who is in charge of the org. unit that the person belongs, maybe you can try change it.

Also, can you try putting action 4 & 5 in maintain action for connection group.

Regards,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I changed this to B012 and maintained actions 4 & 5 (already) and synchronized users. Still unable to see manager id in access request.

can you advise?

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do I see the manager ID in GRACUSER table, under MANAGER_ID column?

I see the manager ID in MANAGER_ID column from LDAP which seems to be working fine. As soon as I mention any user id in access request, his manager id (from GRACUSER table) is pulled and mapped.

But for the HR system connector in GRACUSER table, I dont see any manager ID under column MANAGER_ID?

Can anybody advise?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

I have some questions.

What is the sequence of your connectors in user detail sources (first the ldap or first the HR one). And second, in the request the data is pulling with HR manager or LDAP manager?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Keep in mind that the GRACUSER table should not has one user per connector. Has one user with the first connector where exist (the system search the user in the connectors under User search data source). So can happend that you have a user from LDAP connector in GRACUSER table (user search data source) with manager data from HR system (user detail data source).

Regards,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sequence is:

1. LDAP

2. HR system

I am expecting that it should pull the user details from either of these 2 systems. And that is why I believe, we can define more that user details data sources to that it can keep searching one after the another and pull the details if available.

Regards,

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does this happen like this?

I was thinking that, in GRACUSER table there would be users from different connectors with details (if these connectors are defined in user search data sources).

Since I have LDAP as number 1 in sequence as user search data source, I am able to see the manager ids in GRACUSER table, but not for the connector of HR system.

Can you clarify and confirm?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

The table wichs contains multiple users (one per connector) is the GRACUSERCONN.

Test it:

User search data source:

1. LDAP

2. HR system

User detail data source:

1. HR system

2. LDAP.

If you open a request and select one user, the manager information will be pulled from hr system (if the information of the manager is entered in HR).

Regards,

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Configuration for Fetching Manager Data from HR

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52232

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasant,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please help me with below:

1. I maintained the connector settings accordingly. Also maintained the business process and sub processes. Does it have any significance here of business process?

2. I maintained LDAP and HR systems as User Details Data Sources as shown in the blog. However, I use LDAP as  user authentication data source. Do I also need to maintain user authentication data source as HR?

Please clarify.

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Business process and sub processes are information used in risks and functions clasification (ARA) and roles clasification (BRM).

When in a request you search a user from the pop up, the system search against the connector defined in "user search data source". When you select the user, the info stored in the request like email, name, lastname, manager, etc are the shown from "user detail data source".

The "user authentication" connector is to use the end user login page, you can make a request without having a user in GRC.

Regards,

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Caludio,

Thanks for your reply.

I have the same understanding. Still I am facing the HR data mapping issue. Not sure how this is to be troubleshooted.

I did the standard configuration. However, still feel that I am missing something due to which it is not getting mapped. But not sure what I am missing.

Any advice would be a great help!

Regards.

Faisal

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please follow this link for solution:

Regards,

FAisal

Answers (0)