Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limited usage of GTS

akrason
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know SAP Business-All-In-One pre-configured scenario for GTS.

I also did have a look at related Customizing documentation.

But I still question myself about the relevancy to my challenge of linking SD Sales with MM Purchasing.

My requirement is quite simple.

For domestic (no international trade) public contracts we are involved in I need to:

1. set up price conditions, volumes and validity dates/periods for contracted materials by sold-to-party

2. set up price conditions, volumes and validity dates/periods for contracted materials with (multiple) vendors

3. automate the execution of sales order intake (assignement to contract, ordering with vendor, delivery confirmation, invocing and customer billing)

4. perform periodical consolidated contract review on both sell and buy side.

Of course all interesting functional pieces of this process can be found in SD and MM but nothing is available to streamline the process and to make it lean.

Would you see GTS helpful here at a reasonable implementation price?

Or maybe should I go for Abap coding and some paper output reports?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krason,

GTS can help with:

• Creating declarations to the authorities for duty-unpaid goods movements
  • Checking and determining licences for the movement of goods, where needed
  • Checking against making agreements with denied parties, and blocking such transactions
  • Determining Country of Origin of produced goods
  • Determining and assigning documentary payments (e.g. Letters of Credit)
  • Making Intrastat declarations trade inside the EU

I don't see any of those requirements mentioned in your posting, so not sure what benefit you would expect or hope to obtain from GTS.  From what you say, I think it is unlikely that you would gain anything (except experience).  What reports do you need?

Regards,

Dave

akrason
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for recalling the key features of GTS.

I am not specifically keen on reports but I need to make the whole SD and MM stuff working in a more lean manner.

Today I can only set up separate contacts in SD and MM.

Each of those can be analysed on tis own in terms of history of order calls.

But processing orders is still "classical".

Ideally I would like not only trigger a PPreq out of sales order item (direct delivery) but even directly a PO.

It would also be nice to have a single and common view of SD and MM contracts in terms of history, target quantity and value, remaining "to be produced".

It seems to me that GTS (or rather GTM?, SAP is so confusing with all those marketing novelties...) provides some features of this kind.

Remember that I am in a public contract and the contracting parties are binded not only by price agreement but also by the quantity to be ordered and delivered. Hence contract reviews, whether quarterly or annually, are key managing milestones where the parties agree how to make sure the contract will be executed as signed.

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krason,

Yes, it sounds like you need GTM - indeed that does have features to help you manage contracts of the sort you mention.  I'm not sure if there is a separate SCN forum for GTM.

I don't think GTS will help at all.

Regards,

Dave

akrason
Participant
0 Kudos

Dave,

OK so my take-away from you reply is that I should not confound GTS and GTM which are not synonyms.

I will keep in my mind

Andrew (first name)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andrew (sorry),

Yes, quite different!

Hope my responses were helpful, anyway.

Best regards,

Dave