cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO confirmation XML not created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day

We are experiencing some issues with our PO confirmations. When I say confirmations it is not the SES or GRN. In our system we create a SC in SRM this then gets approved in SRM and then a PO is created in the ECC backend. The XML is passed from SRM to ECC and the PO is then created. After the PO is created a new XML using a new interface is generated and sent back to SRM to update the SC with the PO number. Now on the majority of our orders this confirmation of PO creating is sent back to SRM and we can view the XML in sxmb_moni. But we have a few where the XML is just never created in ECC. The PO gets created successfully but the PO creation confirmation is not created. We search in SXMB_MONI and there is no XML created.

What could cause this issue and is there some further investigating we can do or a note to implement. I have investigated as far as I can, there is nothing common among the PO's that did not created the confirmation back to SRM. There is a mix of services, there is a mix of vendors and a mix of purchasing groups. There is no common value amongst the orders. Because of this we cannot replicate the issue so we cannot debug, it appears extremely random and the issues are spread out across days.

Thanks much appreciated

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did not understand on what comes back from ECC to update in SRM?

Why do you not call it a GR is that some custom thing ?

Could you explain in more detail .. Sounds really vague to me

You also need to check ti start with . if an XML was generalted in ECC by checking the outbound queue

and then check the inbound if it did arrive or not..

Also , you may want to check the Queues SMQ1 , Q2 incase it looks like stuck somewhere ...

Update more details and can check further

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinita

It is not a GR (if you mean goods receipt) basically it is a PO creation confirmation to update SRM related documents tab with the PO number created in ECC. The SC stays in "Item in Transfer" status until this PO number update comes from ECC.

The Update comes in the form of an XML interface from ECC to SRM. And it is not getting stuck in the queues. I have checked SMQ1 and SMQ2 multiple times. SXMB_MONI you can see all the generated XML interface deatils that get sent to SRM and it does not exist here either which means the XML was never created.

The strange part is that only random PO's don't kick off this XML, all the other PO's kick off the XML interface to SRM with no problem and I can see it in txn SXMB_MONI on both systems.

Regards

Wesley

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

oh ok now I guess I get it ..you mean for those in cases where XML is not being sent back due to see the PO number updated in the SC ?

1.Check if there are entries in BBP_DOCUMENT _TAB table ..

2. Check the note  1676004 - ECC Purchase Order is not updated in the history of the SRM documents

3. Check if the jobs BBP-GET_STATUS2 & Clean_reqreq_up are up and running consistently ..

You might as well have to use the debugging process to check incase you are able to replicate in dev or quality..

Also is the SC status Follow on Doc created or something else like error in transmission or Item in transfer

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=340264144

Let me know your inputs.

vinita_kasliwal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Also check this ..

1676004 - ECC Purchase Order is not updated in the history of the SRM documents

note 1499352, "SRM transfer: redesign, bug fixes

SAP released OSS note 1597826

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks checked these out, They already in our system and implemented for a whole now and the odd issue still happening. I will be logging an OSS for this. If I get an answer I will update accordingly for knowledge purposes.

Thanks for the info