cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between Request header and Request line item in BRF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am a beginner in GRC 10.0  and started to setting up the GRC recently.

While setting up the initiator rule, I came across two to three fields which I couldn't get explanation via google/in GRC 300.

Could you please help me in answering the questions.

1.) Difference between ReqID and ReqNo in Rule Header  under Condition columns/Context column?

2.) ReqID in rule header and reqID in line item ? how is it differs in selection(an example would be much helpful)?

3.) is there any table to find which rule ID is linked to the process ID/ any table to find which rule belongs to which rule type?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards

Julius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Julius

3.) is there any table to find which rule ID is linked to the process ID/ any table to find which rule belongs to which rule type?

If you look at tables beginning with GRACMW* you will get the MSMP configuration.

If you go to transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE you can see MSMP configuraton in SAPGUI and then go to SM12 to see table locks

Regards

Colleen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Colleen ...,

I got the answer for the 3rd  query.

Table starts with GRFNMW* and the transaction GRFNMW_CONFIGURE was also helped me a lot.

Regards

Julius

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Glad to hear - sorry realised I copied the wrong table values (doing it from memory and notes). Be careful with making changes directly in GRFNMW_CONFIGURE - sometimes it's a good idea to go back to the MSMP screens and check all is working. There are a few other GRFNMW_* transactions codes relating to MSMP as well that may come in handy for you.

I don't have access to a GRC system at the moment to check the first two. I suspect the ReqNo verse ReqId is there differenced between Request Number range for the request (what the uses sees) whilst the ReqId is the GUID type number that uniquely identifies the request (refer to it in MSMP instance runtime)

Hopefully someone else in the community can jump in an answer your first two questions.

Cheers

Colleen

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.) Difference between ReqID and ReqNo in Rule Header  under Condition columns/Context column?

2.) ReqID in rule header and reqID in line item ? how is it differs in selection(an example would be

The Request number is the actual request number i.e. "124". "ReqID is a hexa digit ID generated by GRC/MSMP upon submitting a request. It allows the system to know what type of request it is etc (something we users would never really be aware of unless we see some error logs in SLG1). Usually when creating initiator rules or custom agents, I would never base them on a request ID anyway.

When selecting the columns in BRF+, you will be able to see all the different attributes available at Header and Line Item level, it allows BRF+ to know how to engineer the code/rule so MSMP can use it (something Colleen has pointed out above), but you will realise only certain attributes are really required by you to make a rule work the way you want it using the data you want.