cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why not all fields dimmed or show in display mode after system status TECO and CLSD for Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When Sets the system status TECO or even CLSD all fields for WBS Elements are not goes to Display mode. User can still edit them or change then.

The fields are:

1. WBS Element Description, technical name: PRPS-POST1
2. Person responsible number, technical name: PRPS-VERNR

Other Progress and Customer enhancement tab pages for WBS Element all fields there also editable in TECO and CLSD system status.

The client do not want to set LOCK system status for master data option.

Is there any enhancement or standard way of doing that?

Regards
Saqib Usman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saqib,

Its a standard behavior of the system. In CLSD status, transactional data like Procurement gets restricted along with WBSE no and its scheduling details. But it allows to you change like WBSE desc./Responsible person.

Also go thru the below link for clarification of WBSE system status:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_470/helpdata/en/ee/41f82246ee11d189470000e829fbbd/content.htm

For locking all master data, as above experts suggest, you should use MDLK/LKD.

Regards

Shishir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Saqib

this is a standard behaviour of the system...May i propose you try to use Close and also the standard status MasterDataLock (MDLK??) for the wbs element?

Is this something that will satisfy your customer? (even though i think that some further explanations for not using LCK user status would help us to understand the issue)...

Let us know if this comes close to your requirement...

Cheers

Panagiotis

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I would suggest you to go with user status option.

But i am interested to know why the client is not willing to go with LOCK system status?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why dont you set the user status or try to look out for substitution/validation.

Regards,

Amit