cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPConsole - RF Readers - LifeCycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently researching to implement bar coding in a warehouse 46C SP45. I have done initial config in SAP R/3 and I thought I understood that SAPConsole was required (I have downloaded the config, install guides etc. and will certainly make use of other postings on this site). However, I came across Web SAPConsole and now I am unsure of SAPConsole's selection. Can anyone confirm or dispel my understanding of the following issues:

1. Is there are limitation of SAPConsole and the RF Readers? Does this combination just support character-based display? Our users prefer to have a gui based display.

2. Is SAPConsole still valid or has it been replaced by WebSAP Console? Is there a version restriction?

3. When we upgrade to mySAP ERP will SAPConsole still be compatible or need to be replaced with ? is there something else being developed? The reason I ask is that the documentation seems to be dated, i.e. 2002-2003.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Johanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Divya

Thank you for your help. I had not located those documents previously. We have installed gui 6.4 and WebSAPConsole and have begun testing.

Thanks, Johanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johanna,

1. If your users prefer to have GUI based display than, you better opt for WebSAPConsole. find this link useful.

http://dug.acsisinc.com/console.asp

2. SAPConsole is still valid as well as WebSAP Console:

SAPConsole and WebSAPConsole offer a rapid extension of SAP applications to Windows-based devices. SAPConsole is a DOSstyle text-based interface that scales the SAP screen down to the size of the mobile device, and is easy to implement. WebSAPConsole enables the graphical user interface (GUI) of the SAP screens to be preserved and pushed to the mobile device, provided the device is running a graphics-capable operating system. This solution is designed for real-time always-on applications running over a wireless LAN.

The significant difference, in terms of the user experience, is that WebSAPConsole maintains the graphical look of standard SAPGUI screens.

http://www.lxe.com/pdf/MobileSAP.pdf

Regards

Divya