cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Processing of Messages in Adapter Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an SAP Outbound Scenario, which has an Asynchronous Scenario. ABAP Proxy > PI > SOAP

In a specific interface we have approximately 5000 messages being processed.

Yesterday, there are messages that were processed during the morning but the messages are still being processed upto today. We also have messages for today and it is still in queue.

I have checked the RWB> Component Monitoring > Adapter Engine > Engine Status

In the Backlog tab, there are a lot of Error Backlog and Processing Backlog. In the Additional Data tab, the SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/SystemRecv has 650 messages in queue - 3/3 Threads - 5 Max No of Threads.

Why is it taking so long to process the messages? Is it because of the voluminous data?

Specs: SAP PI 7.1 SP 08

thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chrizel,

It's taking any particular timing or the whole processing t of this interface is slow.  it's may be huge messages triggered at that time or high volume.

Thanks,

Seshu.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chrizel -

Are those messages huge in size? which step is taking much time?

If it is in integration engine - please check which pipeline step is taking much time..

If it is in adapter engine,  you can increase the number of threads in messaging system if your web service can handle further load..

Refer to section 6.1 in the below document -

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70c8bdb7-6fe0-2e10-5b86-a33fdb53f...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

I noticed that the it takes 2-4 minutes in the SOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST before it is SOAP: completed the processing

here is the Audit Logs:

2014-03-31 01:05:28InformationThe message was successfully retrieved from the receive queue.
2014-03-31 01:05:28InformationThe message status was set to DLNG.
2014-03-31 01:05:28InformationDelivering to channel: CC_SalesDeliveryOrder_SOAP_Rec
2014-03-31 01:05:28InformationSOAP: request message entering the adapter with user J2EE_GUEST
2014-03-31 01:09:43InformationSOAP: completed the processing
2014-03-31 01:09:43InformationSOAP: sending a delivery ack ...
2014-03-31 01:09:43InformationSOAP: sent a delivery ack
2014-03-31 01:09:43InformationThe message was successfully delivered to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.
2014-03-31 01:09:43InformationThe message status was set to DLVD.

Which one should I adjust?

thank you.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chrizel - Though it could be because of high volume, You can try increasing the threads for Soap Adapter as explained in the below blog under " Configure consumer threads per adapter"

If possible replicate the same load in test environment by changing the configuration and see if there is any improvement..

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chrizel

I suggest that you also check the the receiving application to see if the bottleneck is on their side - limited resources, limited number of parallel access.

If the bottleneck is on their side, increasing the number of threads may overwhelm the receiving application.

Rgds

Eng Swee