Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solman 7.1 - CRM WebClient UI - custom field mandatory on status change

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I've got a question and I'm not sure if it's possible.

Basically i have created a custom field in CRM WebClient UI and I have added this field to my Z configuration. This works fine.

Now, I'm wanting to make an error to appear if this field is blank (hasn't been filled in) when the status of the transaction type changes to a specific status.

i.e. if "custom field" is BLANK when SMTM changes to Closed, then error appears

I know the field can be made mandatory, but this particular custom field won't be filled out straight away. Therefore I want the check to occur when the document is closed. Can this be done via PPF Conditions? Or is ABAP/enhancement the only way?

Thanks
Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With actions and conditions you can set statuses, send smartform emails, create an event, etc.

For simply raising a custom error message it would be best to find a badi where you can place the logic.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rob, yep I'm very familiar with actions and conditions. just wasn't sure how to use a custom field in this matter.

So for above requirements, would the correct BADI be CRM_ORDER_FIELDCHECK

I would definitely need an ABAPer to build my logic, yeah? or with the above BADI is it easy for a functional resource to perform?

thanks

former_member186746
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, depends on the time and necessity of this change really.

Although SSM/CRM has some specific coding aspects.

You'll need function module CRM_MESSAGE_COLLECT to get the error message on screen.

Oh regarding custom field in actions and conditions... For that find out the business object associated with the transaction, then copy that one in SWO1 and delegate it. Now you can add your own database attributes on your business object and you can subsequently use those attributes in conditions.

Kind regards, Rob Dielemans

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For customizing crm web ui, you must need AET or EEWB tools. Best Practices for SAP CRM Web UI Customization - CRM - SCN Wiki

but try by using the standard sap note  1772650 - ST710:You can save a message even though mandatory fields are not filled in. which can set certain warning message for custom fields or not and the other relevant  1931783 - Incident can be saved without filling mandatory fields

Please check.

Thanks

Jansi