Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSOL Cross System Object Lock - RFC error in satellite system

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We are currently implementing Solution Manager 7.1 (ChaRM) and of the mandatory requirements is to activate Cross System Object Lock.

I have globally activated this in Solman and have gone into /TMWFLOW/CMSCONF to activate for our development client. This is now activated.

A transport has now been created in ChaRM and I login to the above mentioned development system and make a customizing change. I then choose the transport and save change. I am presented with an error:

"Error in RFC SM_DSMCLNT001_BACK to Solution Manager System" (Message No. STMWFLOW025)

I have now been looking at this for a few hours and found OSS Note 824521. However, I have already done all this. From a RFC perspective we have:

SOLMAN:

SM_DSMCLNT001_BACK - works fine in SM59. The assigned user has all the correct profiles.

In transaction SDCCN, the above RFC appears also.

In transaction SM30, table BCOS_CUST, "CHARM_DEST" and "OSS_MSG" are both set to destination NONE.

SATELLITE SYSTEM:

In transaction SDCCN, the above mentioned RFC exists

In transaction SM30, table BCOS_CUST, "CHARM_DEST" and "OSS_MSG" are both set to the above mentioned RFC

The user SMB_DSM for the RFC only exists in Solman and not in satellite system. Don't think this is needed though.

As soon as I deactivate CSOL in /TMWFLOW/CMSCONF in Solman (for development client), I can make changes and the above error (in red) does not appear. However, we needed CSOL working and this error not to appear.

Any suggestions???

Thanks
Shaun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check that the SMB_* user is type Dialog or Service.  It is possible that it was set back to System type.  Since CSOL has a pop up when there is a conflict, it cannot use System.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Sharon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  This has been driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharon ,

As you mentioned , the user type was changed and when i set back to dialog and when i tried the same it is still giving me the same error .

Can you please help me is that i need anything apart from the same .

Thanks and regards,

Naveen Kumar .D

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Does the SMB* user have the roles and profiles listed a few posts above?

Also check SMT1 in your development system. Ensure the back RFC to Solman is functioning as expected.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this error log clearly shows you have trouble with BACK RFC, make sure you have given auth object S_TMW_ADMIN?

If you use trusted rfc connection, make sure you have auth for trust connections like S_RFCAL and S_rFC

to the SMB* user.

chk out here https://scn.sap.com/thread/1925380

please check.

Thanks

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

The System user (SMB_DSM) has S_TMW_ADMIN as a profile (in SU01) in Solution Manager DSM. The same issue still applies.

I noticed in the error log posted above it has user SMB_X82 - where is this user coming from? This user doesn't exist in X82 (development system) or DSM (solution manager).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Strange, SMB_<managed system SID> is the automatic user created for BACK RFC from managed system to solutuon manager.

Should exist with all the valid user. Delete the BACK RFC completely and recreate again from solman_SEtup -> managed system configuration-> step 3. last option create back rfc.

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi

User SMB_DSM was automatically created in our Solman system (and can be viewed in SU01 in Solman).

However SMB_X82 was not created in our ECC satellite system. Are you sure this should exist in SU01??? When I look at the same RFC in our satellite system (X82), the RFC exists with the SMB_X82 user (automatically setup)...but again, should this user exist in SU01 in satellite system? (see screenshot below).

The Connection Test is successful for the above RFC. The Remote Logon also doesn't do anything when clicking on it which I assume thats working as well.

I ended up raising an OSS incident with SAP as this is becoming a high priority for us, and they replied with:

Please check in TC SM59 that the RFC Connection you are using for CSOL (should be SM_DSMCLNT001_BACK in BCOS_CUST table) has an English language on Logon & Security tab for this connection (please check on Solman and managed systems).

I have checked SM59 in DSM and X82 and the RFC looks fine and has English as language. I have also checked table BCOS_CUST in SM30 in both DSM and X82.  In DSM (Solman) it looks like:

In X82 (satellite system) it looks like:

Are the above two screenshots correct? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Shaun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shaun,

However SMB_X82 was not created in our ECC satellite system. Are you sure this should exist in SU01??? When I look at the same RFC in our satellite system (X82), the RFC exists with the SMB_X82 user (automatically setup)...but again, should this user exist in SU01 in satellite system? (see screenshot below).

SMB_X82 user should exist in your SOLUTION MANAGER System in client 001, check the authorisation of the user by SM59 -> connection test and authorisation test.

And your BCOS_cust settings are fine.

Please check

Thanks

Jansi

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jansi,

Yes, you are correct.

SMB_X82 does appear in SU01 in SOLUTION MANAGER (client 001).

However, how do I check authorization via SM59? If I go into SM_DSMCLNT001_BACK , into Logon & Security tab, it has User SMB_DSM. Which is correct.

So how can I test SMB_X82 connection test and authorization test in SM59 in SOLMAN??

In regards to SM_DSMCLNT001_BACK (see below screenshot), I have performed Connection Test and Authorization Test successfully in Solman.

In managed system (see below screenshot), I have performed Connecton Test and Authorization Test successfully as well.

Thanks again

Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, the resolution was to ensure SMB_X82 (in Solman) has the following roles and profiles:

Roles

SAP_SOLMANTMWCOL

Z_SOLMAN_BACK

Profiles
D_SOLMAN_RFC

S_BDLSM_READ

S_CSMREG

S_CUS_CMP

S_SD_CREATE

S_TMW_ADMIN

This resolved my issue.

Thanks
Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok this issue has reappeared!! My above post resolved the issue, but now it's back again...all the above roles and profiles are still active for SMB_X82 user (in our Solman system).

Any ideas on how to resolve this? As a result no changes can be assigned to transports. This was working fine last week so not sure what caused this to not work again?? Very frustrating.

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I figured this error is only occuring when I try to change an object that is already assigned to another transport (this "other" transport is released but hasn't migrated to Production yet)...I'm assuming this is CSOL (Cross System Object Lock) which is stopping this and making this error appear????

For the record, we want CSOL activated...but because the other transport is released I didn't think CSOL would matter in this case?

If CSOL does come into play, the error is not very user friendly. I would have thought it would state something along the lines that the object is locked by another transport....the above error would confuse everyone!!!

Is there any feedback around this error?

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

THIS IS NOW A CRITICAL ISSUE FOR US.

If anyone can give me information it would be fantastic. I have also raised an OSS Incident with SAP.

What does this ERROR mean??

It seems to be something to do with CSOL? Can't make changes against the same object if another transport has this object. Even if the transport is released?

In fact, the error ONLY disappears when the transport has been imported to Production and removed from import queue. Is this how it's supposed to work??

Guidance would be so appreciated!

Thanks

Shaun

shaun_kitching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos