cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Provisioning queue accumulating unknown entries (7.2 SP9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus!

Need some advise.

We have just implemented IDM 7.2 Sp9.

Provisioning and de-provisioning (including user modifications) seems to work as expected, however it appears that the system is generating additional audit entries which do not get processed in the execution log and have no completion status allowing for the queue to be cleared.

We have noted a large number of pending entries remaining in the provisioning queue since implementing IdM 7.2 SP9 (clean install).

These mainly pertain to the tasks:

1. a) CORE/Modify User (751) and
  2. b) CORE/Common Tasks/Plugin Execution Tasks/ 2. Exec Plugin - Modify User - no_waitafter (545)

The scenario appears to occur during HCM load scenario into IdM for existing Identities, i.e. modify tasks (brand new HCM based identities do not seem to trigger this). Changes to manually UI generated identities also do not seem to trigger this issue either.

Provisioning Queue in UI:

There are no failed or pending provisioning entries relating to these items.

Please refer to attached screenshots for one example containing the current queue snapshot, MXP_Provision , MXP_Audit and Execution Log entries.

Sample from MXP_PROVISION:

Sample from MXP_AUDIT (filtered by 20 - Pending status):

Sample from MCV_EXECUTIONLOG_LIST (filtered by Audit event):

Other useful information:

Dipatchers are working fine.

All Tasks in the provisioning queue are enabled and are executing fine for provisioning and de-provisioning.

Our system details:

Application server: Windows 2008 server

IdM 7.2 (7.20.9.0-SQL-2014-02-21)

Schema 1128 Databse: SQL2008 10.50.1600

Thank you,

KV

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry i don't have any answer for you but did you get one? I recently installed SP9 and i am facing the same problem with a password reset.

Except for the initial webtask which is specific, the provisioning is the standard one and gets locked right after resetting the password, just before sending the email.

It is also on status 37 waiting for something that never happens..

This is critical because the mail is then never sent to the end user...

Do anyone know what it would be caused by?

Thank you,

Clotilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clotilde,

My issue with the provisioning queue is still being investigated by SAP.

Did you manage to resolve your issue?

KV

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think it came from a useless attribute that was being modified. I fixed it by deselecting almost every attribute from the modify task trigger.

BR,

Clotilde

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Clotilde,

Can you please describe which actions you have taken to unblock the provisioning workflow.

I am currently facing a similar issue and have not been able to find a solution yet

Thx,

Laurent

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

in my case i deactivated some attributes and put a direct link to my backend without going through the modify workflow (I didn't have much time to think about something else).

But then we had the problem again at another client and to solve it we used the designtime patch n°2 provided in the OSS note 1984549.

Hope this helps,

Clotilde

laurent_vandenbemden
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Clotilde,

I will apply these patches and check if the issues are still persistent.

Thx a lot,

Laurent

Answers (0)