cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI using AS2 and EDI separators virtual adapter

0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have a interface which I will be getting 850 message from EDI system need to map with IDOC and send back the 997 Ack

For getting message from EDI we will be using AS2 adapter and from there we use EDI Separators(850) to map with IDOC and send the the 997 Ack we use different EDI separator(997) finally another AS2 adapter to send back the 997 Ack to EDI system

Just need to know what kind mapping and transformation we use to connect AS2 adapter and EDI Separator where we use the EDI to XML conversion module

Please help me out

Thanking you

Sridhar 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
0 Kudos

Hello Muniyappan

Thank you very much ,

My doubt is that we are using 3 adapter module in AS2 sender Comm Channel

1.Classifier: It is for Classifying the EDI version, is it ANSI X12 or EDI FACT or Tradacom or...

2.BIC (Business Integration Converter): It is for doing the E2X (EDI to XML) and X2E (XML to EDI) conversion.

3.Split: This is for splitting the 997 from the 850.

The AS2 adapter will bring multiple message, In that we need to filter 850 message along with 997 Ack

Which adapter module is used to filter ,

Since we might use other messages also like 856 or 810

SO need a clear idea

Thanking yuou

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sridhar

Are you using the Seeburger add-on or SAP's own B2B add-on?

If you are using SAP's own B2B add-on, you should check out the B2B space instead

There are some Learning Series document in that space. For example, the below is for the EDI Separator Adaptor.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-28948

Rgds

Eng Swee

0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thanks a lot . That was excellent blog, I am following this blog on;y

My simple doubt as I am new to B2B,

We will be getting multiple EDI Message from AS2 adapter( Sender),Using Dummy interface and receiver Comm Channel EDI Separator the message will put in pipe line

after that as per our requirement we need to use EDI separator channel to processing with IDOC

is it correct , please correct me if I am wrong

Thanking you

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

If you are expecting to receive different types of EDI messages over the AS2 channel, your setup should be something like that:-

A) One scenario to receive message from AS2

AS2 sender channel -> PI -> EDI separator receiver channel

B) n scenarios to receive each message type created by receiver separator from scenario above

Example:-

EDI separator sender channel (EDI 850) -> PI -> IDoc receiver channel

EDI separator sender channel (EDI 810) -> PI -> IDoc receiver channel

EDI separator sender channel (EDI 856) -> PI -> IDoc receiver channel

C) One scenario to return 997 back to sender

EDI separator sender channel (EDI 997) -> PI -> AS2 receiver channel

Rgds

Eng Swee

0 Kudos

Thanking you very much,

it was really help full

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

based on your previous description

Sridhar Gautham wrote:

My doubt is that we are using 3 adapter module in AS2 sender Comm Channel

1.Classifier: It is for Classifying the EDI version, is it ANSI X12 or EDI FACT or Tradacom or...

2.BIC (Business Integration Converter): It is for doing the E2X (EDI to XML) and X2E (XML to EDI) conversion.

...it looks like you are using the Seeburger-EDI-Adapter with the corresponding modules...so please be aware that the provided links from do not fit to your scenario as they refer to the SAP B2B-AddOn.

However, the Link from  is referring to the Seeburger-Adapters.

Kind Regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

Thank you,

Thought of going for new blog,

my question is that

Once AS2 adapter( sender) transmits multiple message is this

we use this following Adapter module , but in this adapter module which one is used to filter message 

like 850 EDI ANSI X12

Should we use different (Sender )AS2 adapter for different message ( 810,855, etc) along with adapter module

Thanking you very much

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

I think to help us assist you better, can you confirm which AS2/EDI adapter you are using?

i) SAP B2B add-on

ii) Seeburger AS2/EDI

Rgds

Eng Swee

0 Kudos

HI  Eng Swee

We are using Seeburger AS2/EDI earlier we are doing migration , So I have new requirement,

please help me solve this

Thanking you

Sridhar

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar

If you are using Seeburger AS2/EDI, please follow the solution provided by Muniyappan instead.

Rgds

Eng Swee

S0003485845
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once AS2 adapter( sender) transmits multiple message is this

The Split-Module is not only splitting 997 from 850, but the Split Module is able to create a new entry for each new ST-Loop in the Inbound ANSI-message.

=> afterwards each splitted message can be processed separately in an own channel.

The following 2 blogs describe such a typical Scenario with the Seeburger-Adapters and how to work with "Classifier/Bic/Split"-Setup

Kind Regards

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do we configure for AS2 in B2b ToolKit ?

Answers (0)