cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronous HTTP scenario having a ? sender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I've a synchronous scenario in which the sender can be any adapter but the receiver is only HTTP.

The sender is supposed to send a file (can be xml or pdf) and 10 attributes (name/value pair) which are used for receiver HTTP adapter communication.

The receiver system receives the same file and 10 attributes having name and value using POST method.

Now, 2 questions

a) how do I configure HTTP receiver adapter for fulfilling this scenario? (for xml and for pdf ) along with 10 attributes which is common for both xml and pdf )  - If it is pdf, I have to send as byte array and if xml, then plain xml - Please detail out the configuration for receiver HTTP adapter

b) how do I decide what would the ideal sender communication channel for this? The sender system is flexible and asking me what I prefer for sending the file and the 10 attributes.

Thanks a lot. Please let me know

mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

anybody please? thx - mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael, can you try to explain it better?

Reeiver should be the same, the work shold be done in the mapping, but as i guess the target is the same, is it true? so the mapping and the Interface Determination should decide the correct mapping, and the receiver is only one.

The Sender is where I can't understand your issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay..sorry to confuse

In plain simple way to put it

Scenario

Sender (web methods) -> PO 7.4 -> Receiver HTTP POST (synchronous)

Receiver HTTP system has to receive a file as one attribute and 10 other attributes

File can be pdf or xml. So definitely, I have to configure 2 ICO here one for pdf and other for xml.

1st question

How do I configure the receiver HTTP adapter and pass the attribute values to HTTP POST method using message mapping? One attribute is file and rest are name value pair attributes coming from web methods.

2nd question

Sender is web methods and they are willing to send the file and attributes to PI in a soap call or HTTP or place in PI NFS location - which is better and how do I receive the attributes and file together in one request?

thx

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I am gonna close this and open a new one because the design has changed a little bit now.

thx

mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Michael,

Thanks for the info, i'll start ti think it.