cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI course

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

i am planning to pursue a course in SAP BI.

i have read in many articles that for BI, one should have good knowledge about sql, abap and java.

though i dont have prior knowledge of SAP ABAP or data warehousing, i do have hands on experience of using SQL and little knowledge about java as well.

can someone pls suggest me if i can pursue my career in SAP BI??

any help in this regard is welcomed....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Brijesh,

Its a good idea to pursue a course in Sap BI. knowledge on java or SQL is not a pre-requisite for learning the SAP BI but will be an added advantage.

I would suggest you to pursue both BI and BO, as BI is includes data warehousing concepts as well as Reporting tools and BO only has Reporting tools. Later in the future, there is more scope for jobs for a person who has both datawarehousing and reporting tools. At present the market is slowly moving towards BO rather than BI. This would take another few years to completely shift to SAP BO.

I would suggest you to learn SAP BI first and upgrade your skills to SAP BO.

I dont think the training cost for learning the BI is as high as u quoted unless you go for certification too. But, in any case please tell us the place where you live and status of your education to guide you well.

Thank you,

All the Best 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pranith,

Thanks for your valuable response.

I live in mumbai n hv done B.E. in telecom.

Currently i am working as a technical consultant in erp in a good company.

Kindly guide me through!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr Brijesh,

Sorry for the late reply, there are many institutes in mumbai which offer the courses but choose the one that has sap recognition. The course itself would be 45 days but make it 3 months(including practise time) as you are already working. Be sure about the subject before you enter the market. You can utilize this 3 months to even analyze the market properly so as to get the job quickly as you finish.

You can even have online classes from the reputed institutes. They provide you with everything from material to training software links. No institute will provide you with placement assistance. Please concentrate on studies and you will definitely get the job. Initially you will have to work as an intern or in a small job to gain some experience.

You are already working as an ERP consultant, I dont think it will be difficult for you to study the subject. The subject itself is easier to learn.

All the Best. 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your valuable response. this will definitely help me to make a decision.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You just need to search for the SAP BW/BI courses in the training website and check the prerequisites for each course.

BW001 - SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse | SAP Training and Certification Shop

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for the reply....

going by the skill set i have mentioned, is it a good choice to enter into BI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

Yes, It is very wise decision to enter BI world. As market is very hot for BI and It will be in future also.

It is not mandatory to learn sql or ABAP, but yes it is recommended to learn DW concepts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to ask you which is better BI or BO courses in terms of starting the career path in business intelligence and what's the main difference?

Thank you indeed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Both are good as per career perspective .. And for difference.. Let me google that for you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sam,

BI is very vast. It is itself A SAP module like SAP SD, SAP FI, SAP MM etc. However, BO was undertaken by SAP. BO is front end reporting tool whereas BI have its own DW and can do reporting as well. According to me you should start with BO and should learn BI gradually.

For more details you can follow given link

Differnce between BI and BO | SCN

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

since i dont have any prior knowledge or domain experience required for BI, i approached one of the many available SAP training institutes.

there i was told that since i dont have any domain experience, i can learn BI module but then there is no placement assistance or guarantee.

what should i do in this case? since the training cost is also pretty much high (around 4L), not having job assistance is also a risk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much indeed.

I was thinking to take them at the same time since I have to do my dissertation on BI so I was thinking to take BI module first because I have to discuss SAP BI in my project.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brijesh,

Please clear out few things:

1) Are you working somewhere?

2) Which year pass out?

As far as SAP BI job issue is concerned, there is no risk as of now. You will surely get good job. But at the end of the day you have to prove your knowledge for getting good job.

All the best for future

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

If you want to learn about ABAP, there are few free courses are available. You may avail for your basic understanding.

Check here