cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Overall budget less than overall release

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

I want to increases my current budget but system shows error Overall budget less than overall release .

Now my question is

1) If I want to increases my budget then what is standard  process

A) if no Purchasing done under that WBS     B ) if purchasing done for that WBS

2) If budget release then how to unrelease that budget to increase it   or Is it need to unrelease that budget to increase budget .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Now my question is

1) If I want to increases my budget then what is standard  process

A) if no Purchasing done under that WBS     B ) if purchasing done for that WBS

The same process will be done for both (1&2) cases. Because you just want to increase your budget.Procurement doesn't matter.

For Increasing current budget: Use CJ37->explore the project->select your WBS->enter budget->edit->total up->save.

2) If budget release then how to unrelease that budget to increase it   or Is it need to unrelease that budget to increase budget .

No, Your current budget will remain same even after reducing your released budget. Because budget get release from current budget itself. If you derelease using CJ32, the budget then it will become available to current budget and there you can use it for Budget transferring or return purpose.

The only way to increase your budget is from CJ36 Tcode for particular WBS or CJ37 Tcode for overall project.

Hope this will clear your doubt

Regards

Shishir

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shishir,

One more thing , what is procedure to unrelease the budget by cj32 ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can release the budget throgh cj32 .

Regards,

Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1)Goto->CJ32->Open Project->Select WBS

2)Check the available budget means (Released-Assigned), that amount can be De-release.

3) Make sure that your De-releasing amount<=Released-Assigned Budget.

4) Reduce the amount (De-releasable amount) from release budget. Enter new reduced value on Released Budget field against concern WBS.

5)Select the whole Release Budget column->edit->total up->Save.

Regards

Shishir

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please try in CJ36/CJ37 supplementary budget add that particular WBS Element - and do total up to that Project main WBS Element ,

- if not accept , please check your Planning value - Material components & service components value in CJ52N -

then check overall budget in display mode in CJ30 -

Thanking you

Regards

Mahesh

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh ,

thanks for reply,  one more thing I want to know if I assign 10000 inr budget & released it for WBS  , but now I want to reduce it to 8000 inr . Then how to change unrelease budget (10000 inr ) & Assign new budget (8000 inr)  .

Thanks ,

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

CJ52n T-code does not exist ???

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Virendra

Supplement budget via CJ36/CJ37 for both 1 A & B.

To unrelease you have to change the released budget in CJ32 itself. Un release will be required if you want to return your current budget. To increase budget simply post supplement without unreleasing the released budget.

Thanks

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry CN52N , whatever you said increase 8000 budget need not to release budget - just do CJ36 add budget that's all,

automatically system will change project status unreleased and budgeted , just go and Release WBS Element in CJ20N

Mahesh

former_member249141
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Surabh ,

Thanks but what is procedure to unrelease the budget by cj32 ???

Thanks ,

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Simply remove the released budget value in CJ32 or you can decrease it to a new value.

Removal will be possible in case no released is utilized.

Thanks