cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10 Role Import error(Master role does not exist) in SP12

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have completed connectors part and ran sync jobs successfully.

We have given required inputs in Define Criteria,Select Role Data in Role Import.When we submit this,only few roles are successfully imported.

It is giving error like Master role does not exist(some roles) but it is successful for few other roles. 

We have tried with SKIP option in role authorization source as per a note but it is not successful for all the role import and getting above mentioned error.

Please check and advice.

Thanks & Regards,

Koteswara Rao.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member192902
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Koteswara Rao,

While importing roles did you select Methodology status to "Complete"?

If not try with Methodology Status Complete and let me know with some screen shot.

With Regards

Trinadh Bokka

0 Kudos

Hello Koteshwara

I think you are trying to upload the master roles along with some derived roles.

Please make sure below prerequisites before you upload.

1) Authorization Synchronization already made.

2) We have given all the master & derived roles in role import template in proper manner.

As per your error message i believe either the issue with the role (Might not be synchronized).

Or in Role Import Template you might have not declared master role as single role (SIN) before you upload.

For each master role we have to declare it as Single (SIN) role in template & for each derived role we have to give it as DRD and in the same row we will be having master role info needs to be given for that particular role.

I Hope the above changes may help you to upload master role successfully.

Regards,

Dinesh

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are the unsuccessful role derived roles? If so, did you import the imparting role first?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleen,

Yes, unsuccessful role are master & derived roles.

I have tried to import only master roles also with ZM*(master role naming) and it is not successful.

Thanks & Regards,

Koteswara Rao.

Colleen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Koteswara

Have you confirmed in SAP that your ZM* roles are definitely imparting roles only? When you tried to upload them on second attempt, did you relaunch the the role import screen to ensure any buffering completely cleared?

Another thing to try - import the master role and then exit NWBC and run the repository synch job. Go back to NWBC and attempt to import the derived roles to see if error is gone?

If these don't work for you it may be time to contact SAP. I assume it was the following note you referred to: 1576321 - Import derived role without master role

Also, this topic was raised in SCN last year (unfortunately the thread was not updated with the solution). Possibly reach to the thread owner and see if they will login to SCN and update it

Regards

Colleen