cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error during the Central Instance stage (database instance connection)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I´m doing a SAP distributed installation (both OS are Windows Server 2012 and the database is MS SQL Server 2012).

The sapwinsqlci is the Central Instance host and the sapwinsqldb is the Database Instance host.

I´m running the latest stage for a SAP Distributed Installation, the stage Central Instance, in Central Instance Host (sapwinsqlci):

In the installer prompts (in screen MS SQL Server > Database Connection Information),  I´m facing the following error:

I checked in database instance host (sapwinsqldb) if the SQL Server services are running... and it seems to me that everything is OK as you can see in the following image:

I also checked in central instance host if the SAP services are running and as you see in the following image it seems to me they are running:

In SAPMMC the SAP instance WSQ (in central instance host) is running:

I checked the sapinst.log file:

INFO 2014-03-29 20:07:53.199

Working directory changed to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2008/SRM700/AS-ABAP/MSS/DISTRIBUTED/CI.

INFO 2014-03-29 20:07:53.214

Execute step dCheckGivenServer of component |NW_ABAP_CI|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_GetSidFromProfilesPartial|ind|ind|ind|ind|getSid|0|NW_getDBInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|db|0|NW_MSS_DBINFO|ind|ind|ind|ind|mss|0|MssLoginInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|login|0

WARNING 2014-03-29 20:07:53.322

Cannot connect to the database server. Errors returned: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'SAPWINSQLDB\jdimas'.

Call your SAP Support.

INFO 2014-03-29 20:07:54.961

Working directory changed to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/BS2008/SRM700/AS-ABAP/MSS/DISTRIBUTED/CI.

INFO 2014-03-29 20:07:54.961

Execute step dAskForConnection of component |NW_ABAP_CI|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_GetSidFromProfilesPartial|ind|ind|ind|ind|getSid|0|NW_getDBInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|db|0|NW_MSS_DBINFO|ind|ind|ind|ind|mss|0|MssLoginInfo|ind|ind|ind|ind|login|0

WARNING 2014-03-29 20:08:11.824

Cannot connect to the database server. Errors returned: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user 'SAPWINSQLDB\jdimas'.

Call your SAP Support.

WARNING 2014-03-29 20:13:46.713

Cannot connect to the database server. Errors returned: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]Invalid connection.

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][DBNETLIB]ConnectionOpen (ParseConnectParams()).

Call your SAP Support.

I don´t know what´s happen! Can you help me please to solve this problem?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could refer link for similar issue

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

First of all thank you to try to help me.

I already solved this issue. First of all, in my last message I posted an error when I try to log in SQL Management Studio. The problem was simple, I didn´t log in as administrator (right-click on SQL Management Studio and run as administrator), so after this, in SQL Management Studio I went to Security --> Logins and here I created a New Login for jdimas user (SAPWINSQLDB\jdimas).

Then I ran again the SWPM and the error no longer appears!

Kind regards,

samid raif

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Try to enable named pipes and TCP/IP for Microsoft SQL Server:

1. Click Start > Programs > Microsoft SQL Server  > Configuration Tools > SQL Server Configuration Manager.
  2. Under SQL Server Network Configuration > Protocols for MSSQLSERVER:
    1. Double-click the protocol name TCP/IP and set the property ENABLED to Yes.
    2. Double-click the protocol name Named Pipes and set the property ENABLED to Yes.
  3. To restart MS SQL service, run the following commands in the command prompt window of the Parallels Pro Control Panel server:
  4. net stop mssqlserver
    net start mssqlserver

Thanks,

Gaurav

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Please check whether ping is happening from sapwinsqlci to sapwinsqldb and vice versa. Also maintain the \etc\host file in both the server and then check.

Regards,

Rafikul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rafikul,

Yes, I can ping both servers without problems and I had already done it in ...\etc\host file

This is what I have in host file in both servers:

192.168.183.134     sapwinsqlci

192.168.183.135     sapwinsqldb

Any tips?

Kind regards,

samid raif

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

When I try to login in management studio (in database instance host) it show me the following error:

The error details:

TITLE: Connect to Server

------------------------------

Cannot connect to SAPWINSQLDB.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the login process. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 233)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%20SQL%20Server&EvtSrc=MSSQLServer&EvtID=233&LinkId...

No process is on the other end of the pipe

BUTTONS:

OK

The database instance host has 2Gb of RAM and 5Gb of page file. Do you think this is the problem here? Any tips? Can you help me please?

Kind regards,

samid raif

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid,

Please try to restart the DB and check once. Also check the below mentioned SAP Notes

208632 - TCP/IP network protocol for MSSQL

98678 - SQL Server Connection Issues

Regards,

Rafikul

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Samid

Before starting the CI,

1. Have you installed the ASCS & DB instance without any issues?

2  Share folders(Liik \\hostname\sapmnt\SID\SYS\profile)?

BR

SS

former_member45419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Samid,

pls check this one way its is possible

it's also possible that you're trying to use SQL Server Authentication without having enabled it. To fix this, right-click Properties on your server instance in SQL Server Management Studio, and update the security settings to include "SQL Server and Windows Authentication mode".

OR

1. login Mirosoft SQL Server 2012 with windows authentification.
  2. right-click onto the server name in Object Explorer and click Properties
  3. In the new tab click Security
  4. select SQL Server and Windows Authentification
  5. Ok
  6. Close the SQL server management studio.
  7. start+run
  8. write services.msc
  9. search for SQL there and restart all services.

Regards

Nayeem