cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call Java WebDynpro iViews from Portal (Portal Content Directory)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

I am trying to call a Java WebDynpro iView, which was created within the Enterprise Portal and is stored in the portal content directory (pcd).

I have created an HTML-iView in VC, where I have put in the pcd-link into the default-url field (pcd:portal_content/com.sap.pct/every_user/com.sap.pct.cprxrpm.ppmdc/com.sap.pct.cprxrpm.iviews/com.sap.pct.cprxrpm.iviews_cprojects/com.sap.pct.cprxrpm.cpr_projects). This iView is calling the cProjects WebDynpro Application. But after I run my model, the portal page is running and running, but nothing happens.

I did the same with transactional iView, which was also created in the Portal before. I have also created an HTML-iView in VC, where I have put in the pcd-link into the default-url field (pcd:portal_content/IBU_content/SAP_for_Service_Provider/com.sap.pct.issp.ps.professional_services/com.sap.pct.issp.prs.iviews/com.sap.pct.issp.prs.display_sd). This is working fine!

What I also tried is to call another VC-Model with an HTML-iView. Here I have put-in into the default-url field the pcd-location of my VC-model (pcd:portal_content/IBU_content/SAP_for_Service_Provider/com.sap.pct.issp.vcmodels/com.myComp.myProduct.1DM9.CreateEngagement/com.myComp.myProduct.iviews/com.myComp.myProduct.1G62.Cprojects_neu). This is also running fine!

Now I do not understand the difference between this three objects. There are all iViews within the portal but the WebDynpro iView is not callable through a HTML-iView in VC.

Could you help me in this case? Your help is very appreciated!

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,

Aylin.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marcel,

when you mean the preview within the portal, yes, it is working fine.

URL is not the way to solve my problem. I am working with IDES-Systems. This is our Demo System within SAP. I have to build my VC-Model in a Master IDES-System which will be transported than into the other IDES-Systems. The URL of the WD is not the same in the other systems. It is changing depending on the several Sysems. But the pcd-location is in all systems the same. Therefore I have to specify the pcd-location of the application.

Is there a restriction with WD within VC?

If we can do some kind of a netmeeting, I can show you my problem exactly.

Thank you.

Regards,

Aylin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Works the preview of your WD iView? Did you try the complete access URL?

Best Regards,

Marcel