cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM Upgrade from 5 to 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All experts,

i have a question regarding SRM upgrade from 5.0 to 7.0. after the technical upgrade, as a functional consultant what is our duty. In ITS whatever the end user used to perform, all those are available in SRM Portal(webdynpro) without any intervention of a functional consultant?

Please guide me.

thank you,

Pramod

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pramod,

As functional consultant to upgrade SRM 5 to 7 there are various activities need to perform, I am listing down few below;

- First and foremost is the workflow, SRM 7 has Process controlled and Application controlled workflow, in SRM 5 only application controlled workflow. So business is planning to upgrade or keep same workflow need to find out. Based on that standard SRM 7 configuration Process controlled workflow remain active.

- You need to do role assignment of Webdynpro portal as it will be different then old ITS. Technically you don't assign role but need to work with Basis/Security folks to set up role specific to your business.

- There is new concept in SRM 7 call POWL (Personalized Object Work List) which you need to adjust, configure according to your business requirement.

- If you have custom field on Shopping cart then those fields need to re-configure via Extension and Field control in SRM 7

- You need to validate all the services which are related to SRM 7 is active or not?

- SRM 7 has functionality of business switch, You may need to turn on business switches per business requirement, Few of the common one i can name is Budget check on Shopping cart, Simplified Shopping cart etc.

So in nutshell in SRM 5 - 7 Upgrade there are so many activities you as functional consultant need in order to streamline the smooth upgrade.

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Ritesh

Answers (0)