cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profitability Segment while releasing invoice to Accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am configuring a scenario in which a debit memo request and a corresponding debit memo will be created. Users want to put in a WBS element at the line item level of the debit memo request (which is fine). Business gave me a GL account in which the profitability segment is a required entry. Now, when I try to release the invoice to accounting, I get an error saying "Field Prof.Segmt is a required field for G/L account" (Msg Number F5808). I know that by changing the field status group on the GL account, i can make it post, but that is not the point. I want to know

a. Why system is unable to determine the profitability segment (i entered GL account in OKB9 and checked auto determination of profitability segment)

b. Is it because I am using the WBS element and trying to post to both FI and CO (because, when i use WBS in sales order, during account determination, system looks for KOFK condition type to determine the GL account) and i am not supposed to do that? If i do not use a WBS, then, the posting happens (using KOFI) and the profitability segment is also determined.)

Please let me know if you need more information.

Your help is most appreciated.

Regards,

Mukund S

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We closed this issue by changing the field status group for the GL account. Though this is not the perfect answer, we had to do it for the business need.