Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Mobile Platform Solutions

former_member186145
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts !!

I understand the SAP Mobile Platform Architecture, but I have a question: How is the coupling of others SAP Mobile solutions/products like:.

SAP Afaria

SAP Fiori

SAP SUP

SAP Mocana

SAP Syclo

SAP Mobile Documents,....?

Is there any document that consolidate all this solutions/products in a SAP Mobile Platform approach?

Thanks !

regards

Dario R.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding:

SAP Afaria: It is a centralized mobile device management (MDM) tool to help companies to connect mobile devices (tablet/smartphones) to corporate network. Also simplifies IT tasks associated with buying, deploying, securing and maintaining such devices.

Check this video for clear understanding. Afaria 100: Introduction to Mobile Device Management with Afaria - YouTube

Mocana: It is mobile application management (MAM) tool to manage apps from a centralized console. It provides features like wipe out the app data on invalid passcode, end user license agreement etc. Best part is you dont have to write a single piece of code for this. Just upload the .apk/.ipa file, apply the desired policies and download the app to the device.

A free 30 days trial version is available. You can try the same.

SAP Mobile Secure – Protection for Devices, Apps, and Content

see how does it work

SAP Fiori: A collection of apps based on SAP UI5. If you want to create this kind of app you need to have an understanding of UI5/JS/html5 and CSS. Here Netweaver gateway exposes OData services which channel business data required for your application. Check here for more details:

SUP & Syclo: I guess you are referring to SMP 2.3. In SMP 2.3, both SUP and syclo features are available in same product. 

SUP: A middleware to connect heterogeneous backend (SAP, oracle, webservices, sql etc)and to deploy the app to various platform (BB, Android, iOS, WM, windows)

Syclo: provides the agentry mobile platform for developing, deploying business application. Eg. work manager, Inventory manager etc.

Check here

SAP Mobile documents :

Overall, with the same SMP 2.3, you can go with SUP based app development and agentry based app development. For providing any security features to the app you can go with Afaria and Mocana. As of now, SAP Fiori is nothing to do with SMP 2.3.

I am not sure if you have already looked at SMP 3.0 architecture. SMP 3.0 is an unified product of SUP (sybase unwired platform), Syclo Agentry, mobilizer.

Please refer this

Regards,

Jitendra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

midhun_vp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The listed products are different from each other and used as different solution. SAP Mobile Platform (combination of SUP, Syclo & Mobiliser) is for developing mobile applications. This product is needed to develop a mobile app for an enterprise.

Once the application is developed, to manage the devices in which these applications run, Afaria is used. Ex. to remote swipe the data in device in case the device was lost/stolen, encrypt data in device, push the applications to device remotely without the intervention of user etc. Afaria is useful.

Mocana is used for app level security, if there is a requirement to encrypt the data only in app level, swipe data of app etc this solution helps, ex. demo is here,

So each product gives a specific set of solution that can be applied to different requirements across customers.

Since these are independent of each other you can choose the solution based on the requirement, ex. you can use Fiori apps (set of apps released by SAP) and use Afaria to manage the mobile devices.

Midhun VP