cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Fiori Launch Page and Fiori Apps Wave 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is it technically possible to add all Transactional Fiori Apps of Wave 2 to the old SAP Fiori Launch Page?

BR, René.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

There were roughly 20 Wave 2 apps which were Back Ported (Downported?) to run in Wave 1 (Launchpage).  This was not done with all possible apps, but contained the ones that customers complained most about (squeeky wheel gets the grease process). 

Take a look at SAP Fiori for Releases prior to SAP Business Suite 7 Innovations 2013 – SAP Help Portal Page.  The Principal Apps are those which were originally released for Wave 1 (Launchpage).  They have all been Upported (rewritten) to Wave 2 (Launchpad).  Where they reference

SAP Fiori transactional apps for SAP CRM 1.0 or

SAP Fiori transactional apps for SAP ERP 1.0

it is referring to the apps built for Wave 2 (Launchpad) which have been rewritten to work in the previous version Wave 1 (Launchpage).  When installing these apps, make sure you get the correct download for your environment (Launchpad or Launchpage).

Regards, Mike

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

thanks for your answer. We have installed the component SAP_UI for NW 740 SP 003. As I know so far is the Launchpage part of this component. Is the Launchpad also part of this component? Which SP?

Regards, Rene

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

I do not know the answer, but suspect it is contained somewhere in or in the download documentation.

Regards, Mike

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

I recommend SAP_UI SP07. It minimizes your patching tasks.

Regards,

Masa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

Could you share reasons why you won't use new Launchpad?

Fiori Launchpad is required to start new apps with XML view which has UI extension points.

Regards,

Masa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

the reason is that we have only SAP_UI SP03 available on our ERP System (Embedded NW Gateway). Next update (Support Package Stack) is not planned so far.

BR, René.

0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Is it possible to Launch Fiori Apps from CIC (as a potential replacement for all the Transaction Launcher links in CIC that launch ITS screens such as VA01?).

CAn we replace VA01 in ITS with a Fiori App?

May be it sounds weird but i am exploring this option and would not want to reinvent the wheel

Thanks,

Abhishek